If You Could Rename Jehovah's Witnesses What Would You Call 'em?

by Incense_and_Peppermints 61 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

CultsAreUs

AlanF

• gdt
    gdt

Outlaw, truth does not require revealing information to those who would want to hurt your family, truth allows for refusal to answer (ie 'theocratic warfare). please don't suggest you have ever read anything like saying we should tell an untruth (lie), best to refuse to answer. Surely you understand that, and if you have evidence that the society has counselled to the congregations to 'lie' or tell an untruth, please tell me.

Thanks, and cheers, gdt.

ps if I don't answer it is that I have to go, we're taking motorhomes to their 'homes' around oz.....about 4000 miles, and have to go.hope to get your response in a couple of weeks!. pps...be nice!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Just thought gdt might enjoy reading this article:

reprinted from the Mar/Apr 1994 Free Minds Journal

Theocratic War Strategy:

Why Witnesses Lie In Court

by Dr. Jerry Bergman

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/whylie.htm

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

gdt,

When a system is set up such as our legal system is, it is based on EVERYBODY starting from the same fair and level ground. This is why EVERYBODY is expected to tell "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

The problem that I have with Jehovah's Witnesses is that they perceive that they have "a truth" above and beyond what EVERYBODY else feels is reasonable. With this assumption, they make up a rule such as "Theocratic Warfare Strategy" to separate themselves from this "legal" system.

They use EVERY other aspect of this legal system to their advantage (i.e. schools, medical system, social assistance system, wrongful arrests, etc.) without making the same distinction of them being separate from the "system". They can't have it both ways, without expecting to take criticism for their double standards.

If you feel it necessary to come on this forum and defend their double standards, accept that you will also be criticised. Some people will do it more politely than others, but it is still warranted criticism. It's not just ex-JW's that detest two-faced liars such as those who use "Theocratic Warfare Strategy". Judges especially detest it. They are trained to be the most OBJECTIVE people in this legal system.

When two-faced liars step into their courtroom, they are rightfully upset with them. They are ESPECIALLY upset with people who use it as a rule, rather than just a human weakness or reaction of fear of what may happen to them.

The only people in the world who agree that "Theocratic Warfare Strategy" is acceptable are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Funny how that is, eh?

Brad

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

As far as renaming the Witnesses, I can't think of a better one than Tigerman's "Babbleonians." Very funny and applicable!!

Brad

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I'll call them what their true names should be, Unitarian Adventists

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i like "Cults R Us" and "Liars".

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jeho-bubba-dubba dooser's

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Rename Jehovah's Witnesses

Losers ... (like all those who waist there time in something like that) Sorry ...

• gdt
    gdt

Gary, read that before, a bit like asking the Pharisees about Jesus...a winebibber, drunkard, with pro's, etc etc.....may I suggest you re-read that article thoroughly. Nothing said to lie. To not answer to avoid discriminating oneself or others is natural justice. To purposefully lie is of course very wrong for anyone.

Have I read only truth on this board? Mmmmm, no enlargements, no exaggerations, no self-justification?

Take care, geoff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit