Memorial Season

by moomanchu 18 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

Last Memorial, during the great drive to flush out the inactives, I never even got a call. (will they do this again this year?) If it were not for an elders wife that i remain quasi friends with, I would have not even received an invite. Nor do I expect an invite this year. Last year, I made my own unleavened bread, and got a communion wine and well, my hubby and I read from the scriptures and observed our own Lord's Evening Meal. It felt wonderful. I never felt so empowered. It was the first memorial I have missed, and I am a thrid generation JWS. So it was eventful for me not to go-it made a statement. I'm sure a few people noticed I was not there.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

narkossis that is deep .

I don't believe the 2 advents of jesus that the watchtower promotes .

I just want to get some people thinking for them self .

• heathen
    heathen

Eyebrow2 --- You mean to tell me that you don't think it retarded to sit there and pass food and drink around ? They invite people to dinner and then tell them not to eat ? Even the scripture they use to say that there will be observers present it bogus . The apostle Paul wrote that he who eats and drinks at home should stay home . The whole thing is supposed to be an actual dinner and not just a sip of wine and a cracker . That's how jesus did it , they all ate dinner together before the ritual .

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

heathen,

I am not saying i agree with it, I can just understand how they justify it. I don't know of any religions that have an actual meal. Do you? if so please tell me, that would be interesting to hear.

• barry
    barry

I have heard in the orthodox church they have an actuall meal but Im not orthodox and cant fill you in on any details.

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

Eyebrow2, I know that JW's aren't the only one that symbolically eat Jesus's flesh and drink his blood, that's why I said "Christianity". I'm not trying to be nasty, forgive me if it comes off that way. JW's try to distance themselves from "Christendom", but many of their practices are very similar to the religions that they condemn. Human sacrifice, the drinking of blood, and eating of flesh, were "pagan" practices that were done long before Jesus and Christianity came into existence.

• heathen
    heathen

barry--- Are you talking about the orthodox church of england? I wouldn't know eyebrow , I don't go to church . I can say I did eat and drink as a catholic . All I know is what the bible says on the issue and there are clear cut instructions on how things are to be done in the apostle Paul writings . The WTBTS claims that what they do is biblical but it's just another lie from a publishing corporation .

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

OK, Will someone please teach me??? I thought the JWs are to reject the bread and wine (grape juice) unless they are of the annointed. It seems from the postings that everyone IS to eat of the bread and wine. From what I understood previously, most JW's do NOT partake; this is opposite of most Christian communion rituals where almost all partake. Please straighten me out.

• heathen
    heathen

AuntieJane-- Are you looking for what the bible says or what the WTBTS says ? The bible does not distiquish as the WTBTS claims between the anointed and the great crowd when it comes to eating and drinking at the lords evening meal . They use their classic mental gymnastics to come to the conclusions on the matter . All jesus said was to keep doing this in rememberance of me until he returns . To me it's just an evening to remember the sacrifice christ made by using symbols , wine for blood , bread for body . It also replaces the jewish passover celebration. It is a dinner that people of the 1st century were to share what they had with each other and not have eaten or had any wine prior to gathering together. Very simple but those retards turned it into idolotry and blaspheme . Go figure .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit