If I were to visit your town for the first time..

by doodle-v 42 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

If you came to my town, I'd drive you somewhere else to eat.

An bit south of here is a great restaurant, located in one half of an antique store. GREAT French food, jazz , beer, atmosphere, and prices. I haven't been there for 4 years... I guess I'll drop a big hint around Valentines Day!

bebu

• JeffT
    JeffT

Dicks????

Jeez if you want a cheap burger I'll cough up another buck or so and get you one at Domeburger, you'll have to wait a few minutes because they won't start cooking it until you order it. But there's only one and it's in Pioneer Square. But then we could take our out of town company on the underground tour.

For a midscale local place I'd do Red Robin (I had my first {underage} beer at their original location) for upscale I'd go to Ray's Boathouse, Ivar's or Anthony's.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    Dicks????

Hell yeah... It's good AND cheap!... although they did raise the price of their Dicks Deluxe and Dicks Special recently *gasp*

So Domeburger is still around even thought the "Dome" is gone? I've never had a Domeburger, i'll have to go check it out!!

-Doodle-V

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

There are not much places in our little town that I could recommend to you: there is a Chinese restaurant and a "Dutch" which actually is Franch orientated (as all the "normal" restaurants are up here). The Dutch one is rather expensive - The Chinese is'nt that good. So most of the time we eat home cooking OR we go to another town. MacDonalds is the only fast food in the direct neighbourhood (and the cheapest one to go outside) Further we have the choice of fries, meat balls aso, qroquettes (don't think you have that kind of food in the US - delicious btw) An Italial /Turkish establishment were you order your food (tel.) and you take it home, or it will be delivered at home.

Visiting our town ? Don't: nothing interesting here (except me and Viv ofcourse)

• under74
    under74

In San Francisco I would say go to Georgio's for pizza. Great pizza.

In Seattle (hometown) go to Queen of Sheba. Best ethiopian food around.

• gumby
    gumby

If Doodle came to my town.....I take her to any bed and breakfast and just skip the breakfast part

Actually......"Jacks Steakhouse" is the best steak there is. I'd go there....but you have to wait for at least 2 hours before you eat with standing room only many times.....but you can drinkn while you wait.

Gumby

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Hmm... I'd take you to Denny's and then for lunch we could hit Jack in the Box!

Seriously now, some really good restaurants that are kinda unknowns include an awesome Italian one called "Bella Italia" and some mediterranian restaurant called "Calypso". I usually go to Calypso because they have about 3 dozen different martinis on their menu, but the food is good too. :-P There are several awesome Thai and Mexican restaurants too.

• Mulan
    Mulan

North China in Edmonds..............best Chinese food I've ever had I do believe.

Scott's Bar and Grill, also Edmonds.................not a bar, (the name is definitely a misnomer) but a pretty high end, pricey place, for special occasions. We always go there for our anniversary..................it's always packed too. Very, very good food, excellent service and good, generous drinks.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hmmm, in Edmonton, it is so hard to chose. We have one of the highest per-capita ratio of restaurants in the world! Picking a restaurant for Blondie's visit was a major production lasting weeks.

http://probe3.eas.ualberta.ca/DINING/feed.html

• Princess
    Princess
    Jeez if you want a cheap burger I'll cough up another buck or so and get you one at Domeburger, you'll have to wait a few minutes because they won't start cooking it until you order it. But there's only one and it's in Pioneer Square. But then we could take our out of town company on the underground tour.

Hmmm, never had a Domeburger either, have to check it out next time I'm in Pioneer Square. I did take my sister and brother-in-law on the Underground Tour last week. That is a must-see for tourists. Sorry I didn't take Little Toe while he was here. Fascinating.

North China in Edmonds..............best Chinese food I've ever had I do believe.
    We've been disappointed the last couple of times. Their hot and sour soup isn't consistant. We had hot and sour at PF Changs that was better. Fuji Teriyaki smokes their Kung Pao too, you should try it. It's the place next to Westenhaver chiro.

Scott's Bar and Grill, also Edmonds.................not a bar, (the name is definitely a misnomer) but a pretty high end, pricey place, for special occasions. We always go there for our anniversary..................it's always packed too. Very, very good food, excellent service and good, generous drinks.
    Yeah, I like Scotts too. They do too have a bar. For visitors I'd skip Scotts and take them to Cutters. Scotts is great food but no windows and no view. Cutters is the same restaurant family but in Seattle with a view. So the food is still excellent but more to see. Girardi's in Edmonds for some amazing (expensive) Italian food.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit