No more meetings for me!

by cyberguy 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Come on Cyberguy! You can do it, 2014 - 2034 are just around the corner. Stick it out

• Golf
    Golf

Cyberguy, hey, there's couple of golf tournaments in Hawaii for the next two weeks. One in Maui and the other in Honoluluuuu.

I don't think of the org. so, I don't get nauseated. I've better things to do and think about. I've been to Hawaii eight times. Mahalo

Guest77

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I haven't been a jw but I know how you feel about the literature - I can only go a few lines - in fact single words & phrases that they use make me cringe, or my back teeth feel funny. After a whole sentence, all I can think is 'Jesus Christ' - but not for the reason they intended I'm sure.

• Panda
    Panda

Cyberguy, Well I don't remember my last meeting. Maybe because I wasn't around much anyway. I stuck to it mainly because my husband was an elder. But even that wasn't enough after awhile. But then my husband "stepped down" and I was so fed up I joyfully wrote my DA letter and was not sick at all.

• upside/down
    upside/down

My blood pressure was high, I would have this unexplainable itch develop on my left arm that I would scratch to the point of bleeding. Had to get up repeatedly because I felt like I was suffocating and go "inspect" the parking lot.

You ever been next to a high cliff and get that weird feeling like you could just jump? I started feeling like that, only I wanted to stand up in the middle of the congo and scream F'you this is B'sh*t and you're all hypocrites.

I was scared I might actually do it.

Never Again

u/d

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

cyberguy: Congrats.

The human mind cannot stand contradiction. When it begins to understand that it is trying to believe something that is not true, it really does produce physical symptoms, including all manner of sicknesses, from discomfort, to flu-like symptoms, to depression. Thankfully, I only experienced the first two before I snapped and got honest. Glad to hear that you've gotten out too.

SNG

• outnfree
    outnfree

Yay for Cyberguy!

Yes, I, too, had that nauseous feeling. Most recently, it was when I was in the cardiologist's office and spied a Watchtower magazine. I searched all the magazine tables, took all the mags, and brought them home to destroy! That had me feeling better soon.

out

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    I find a good internal yelling of BULL $#!+ to whatever is being said works wonders (^_^)

Where is Mulan's (??) post about Bullshit Bingo??? I can't find it........

• Miata
    Miata

I always feel sick to my stomach when I hear ANY of the songs. I am not sure why except that my mother used to pinch me hard and give me a beating when I got home if I didnt sing loud enough. But I still wouldnt sing loud, and now days I cant stand hearing the songs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Congratulations!

I look forward to the day when I won't be attending meetings anymore.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit