Jehovah's Witness family wanted for "Trading Spouses"

by Dogpatch 48 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I only read a few post so if I copy someone please forgive me.

I would like it if they had the JW family for shock value swap with a superapostate JW family that knew all about cult mind control and how to deprogram. And then afterwords offer free unlimited counciling to the dprogramed family.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    I doubt the WTS would go for this. The way the editors do things on these shows, you can only imagine how they would make them look. I wish someone would do it though.

I was thinking the same thing.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hmmmm, I would much prefer to see Scully mother a household of Wiccas for a week. She could light candles, wear black, chant over the Cheerios. ...and think of the Wicca mother dressing her adopted family for the meeting? Commenting on the weekly study? Oh, the possibilities....

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I cannot imagine the elders allowing this. One time when I was around 19 or 20 I wanted to move in with my brother in his house in Sandpoint Idaho. The elders would not allow it because the neighbors would think we were fornicating??? WHAT?? are you kidding??

JFC it is just insanity!

Actually if it weren't for the fact that I don't qualify because I cannot become legally married, I would LOVE to trade houses with a JW family for a week. They could meet my gay partner and parent my dog and grown son, since we are wiccans we could figure out some really fun things for my partner to do while the other wife was here, and just think of all the fun I could have with the other family playing mind games and such, planting seeds, etc.

Oh yea, not just any wiccan but an ex-JW Lesbian Wiccan for sure!!!

Sinister Witches Too Happy 2 Hypnotic

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

The WTS probably wouldn't go for it.....but man I would love to see that....Can you imagine what decisions they would make for the money.....okay you guys can get $1,000 to get some decent clothing to wear to the meetings I'm planning on taking you guys to and the remaining $49,000 will go to the society to support the worldwide work!

• blondie
    blondie

Disregard above comment; wrong show.

• Mary
    Mary
    My wife and I have watched a couple of episodes of 'Wife Swapping.' I wouldn't know if its the same as 'Trading Spouses,' however, it's very interesting. They swap wives & families for two weeks and it's revealing.

Sounds like the congregations in a city about 40 miles from me.........they've had a problem with wife-swapping for the last 30 years.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

OMG, I would love to see that! But I doubt it would happen for fear not remaining in good standing. The 'bad associations' scripture would be shoved down their throats for it, amongst others.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

To add....I love the idea of switching with an apostate family.

• Candlestick02
    Candlestick02

Too funny! Imagine the Mom's getting swapped. The JW mom is on the non-JW kids about how "worldly" they're dressing, how they should devote ALL of their time to spiriitual activities. Meanwhile the kids are trying to understand why this lady doesn't let them watch MTV and why she gets them up to go over the daily text before she bolts out of the house to get to the local congregations preaching group, etc.. (the poor kids!)

The non-JW mom does NOT get to sleep in on Saturdays cause she has to get up and make breakfast for the family who is all going preaching in the bitter cold! ...she wonders why she HAS to say a prayer before everyone eats, and WHY she has to wear a hankerchief on her head to do it (cause one of the kids is a boy). She probably wants to go out on a nice Saturday evening, with the family, but instead they have to sit around the living room and go over the magazine for the next day's study article..

Yeah, all that might go on for the first week. But the 2nd week is when the new 'parents' get to take over and enforce THEIR rules. The non-JW mom might say that they aren't going to do any of it anymore.. in which case, those kids might not ever want to go back. Ooh, especially if they get spoiled and it happens to fall around one of their birthdays or a big fun holiday!

doubt it'll happen though... they'd be too worried about the what kind of image will they be giving.

Candlestick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit