This Is The Wife.

by Englishman 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I don't like the sound of "the wife", but I can't say it'd bother me as much as "the present wife". What? Are you planning on replacing me with another one very soon???

My husband doesn't introduce me very often because he is pretty shy and sometimes he doesn't remember names well. (Not mine, but theirs. LOL!) So I just take it upon myself to introduce myself...it gets the job done and it doesn't make Mozz uncomfortably trying to remember the person's name.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Wow- you mean we don't own them! Man have I got a lot to learn. lol

u/d

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I agree Mike, "the little woman" is much more appropriate, and loved by ladies large and small.

• harleyquinn
    harleyquinn

i love that phrase...'the wife' ...when asking my friends how their significant others are i always say 'how's the wife' or 'how's wifey'.....of course, i also don't mind being called a 'chick' or a 'broad'...so, i am a freak....

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hah! The other day I was with wifey and I introduced her to a real estate agent as my "first wife". He blanched and didn't know what to say or do, but she sure did.. my chins still hurt! Hey, she is! Of course she's the only one, but she's still the first!!

caveman

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I don't know what to think about that ... actually it most depends on "how" he does say it and yeah how she react to it. Now if it would be about me - that would be tests to know more about him (to who does he introduce me and how comparaded to his common personnal behaviour and type of accointances/relationships).

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Good one, Caveman, had me laughing heartily (actually, braying like a jackass).

My Kevan is my spousal unit. We aren't legal, but we are living in a marital (sinfull) relationship. I'm on his health insuance and life insurance.

He usually forgets to intoduce me, so I just pipe up and say "I'm Brenda" and shake hands with whomever. It works both ways, as I occasionally forget to introduce him.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Yeah, so, E-man, where's the pix of "the wife"?

• Valis
    Valis

Sixo, you are a stupid head..."old lady" is definitely the correct terminology..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• qwerty
    qwerty

Mike

The problems start when you introduce her as "This is my first wife", when you've never been Divorced!!!!

Qwerty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit