Name all the popular self employed Witness business's:

by PinTail 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Shaklee...my mom did that, Amway I did that, Maleluca mom did that....heehee....I never did anything with it...tried it half assed just to see what the hub bub was about. Amway is a religion in itself hahah.

I knew at least one elder with a construction business, another did upholstering, they were pretty successful actually. They would have been in business for themselves no matter what religion they were members of.

Office cleaning was the most popular, it is sooooo easy to get into. I have to say, if I hired someone to come clean my office after hours, I would be doing background checks on them.

I knew one window cleaner.

It is a shame really, because the first step when you realize you want to have your own business is to do some research and see what would fit your personality and lifestyle. Unfortunately, most of these witnesses just chose it because it fit their meeting and service schedule. That is sad.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

By the way...I bought that little book bag for my son when he was 2. The nerdest woman in my office at the time told me I was going to raise my son to be a geek....that did give me pause hahha.

He was really cute with it. I think I gave it to my sister a few years ago for her son.

• ko38
    ko38

Pintail,Thats a blast from the past. MY dad when he was out of work in the 70s was offered a job with a brother named DOYLE MELTON who owned Trimline.Dad scraped all his money together and bought a truck and some tools.He was never fast enough to make money though.He was too much of a perfectionist.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Cleaning Houses, Pool Cleaning

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Rug Doctor

lmao! OMG... my dad did that for awhile!

He had as much faith in Rug Doctor as he did in Jehover! Even to this day he will brag on Rug Doctor.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

How about unemployed? There have been many JWs that I have known that have been unemployable and just bounce from one odd trade to another.

Of course you can't have a job that conflicts with Tues, Thurs nights and Sat & Sun mornings!

• PinTail
    PinTail

He is a real cute little kid, but its sad how they force such a tender aged child through out his life for that matter to think like BORG.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

we had office cleaners, window cleaners, house cleaners,

some women who sold avon, home interior.

and the big thang where i lived was car wash maitenance and apartment house managers.

• Mutz
    Mutz

I know of several JW Builders, some good, some mediocre and some absolutely dire and still charging top whack for
    their shoddy work. I only have to walk out into my back garden and admire the 'workmanship' of a neighbours
    garage roof constructed by Witnesses. Still, it gave my grandad, a carpenter all his life, laughs aplenty
    during the construction and everytime he saw it afterwards.
    One thing I have noticed about Witnesses, they really know how to gouge, sorry, I meant charge. :)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This promises to be a short thread

That picture of a kid is mildly disturbing. It would be kinda cute, had it not got "Chuckie" overtones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit