Name all the popular self employed Witness business's:

by PinTail 46 Replies latest jw friends

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

My sons were sent to college before I finally left their father. My oldest son is still a JW.

His degree is in Mechanical Engineering. When his company went belly up over a year ago, he had to go pioneering. Sad to say, he hasn't had time to look for a new job.

He did mention to my daughters (who are not jws) that he'll be glad when he's back at work; he's sick of the pioneering.

• FLDude
    FLDude

Nobody's mentioned Lady Love cosmetics. My Mom and a bunch of her 'sister' friends got involved in it in the 70s. One of those things where you recruit people and get a cut of their sales (ie, pyramid).

Don't know if the company was dub owned or not.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Stoops Manufacturing

Online Catalog
    What's new at Stoops Manufacturing Co.
    Online Ordering! - Click here to find out more

Zipper Top Pocket Donations Purse -- NEW!
    NEW!
    Specially designed to be
    convenient for the friends
    to use.

click here to read more
  • unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL at FlyingHighNow,

Wow where can I get one of those donation purses .. not!

Is that for real? It'd take me another 20 years of field service to fill one of those .. no!!! ,, wild women couldn't drag me back!

I knew a lot of Jehovah's Windowcleaners

a lot of Jehovah's gardeners

a lot of Jehovah's Car detailers

a lot of Jehovah's Florists

a lot of Jehovah's Hairdressers

a lot of Jehovah's childminders

a lot of Jehovah's pet cleaners

a lot of Jehovah's tele-marketers

a lot of Jehovah's musicians

a lot of Jehovah's coffee shop owners

a lot of Jehovahs Gyprockers (sheet rock in the US?)

a lot of Jehovah's Sheep graziers

a lot of Jehovah's Grain producers

and quite a few Jehovah's dole bludgers

unclebruce, who is responsible for creating

a lot of Jehovah's Skylight Manufacturer/Installers.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Wow where can I get one of those donation purses .. not!

Is that for real? It'd take me another 20 years of field service to fill one of those.

unclebruce

It's real. Stoops Manufacturing is a JW owned company that makes and sells field service stuff to help you have an organized and satisfying FS experience.

http://www.stoopsmfg.com/catalog/catalog.html<....here's the website. Enjoy. Click on Products. I always wonder why they don't sell Crisis of Conscience.

I had this little invention, the pocket cattle prod, for waking snoozing husbands at the meetings. For some reason Stoops thought it a bad idea.

• Honesty
    Honesty

My ex always wanted me to go in business with the brothers. Translated = get your whole life involved just in case you find out this crap ain't from the real God of the Bible. We'll put your skanky a#$ out in the cold, cold world without a dime if you mess with the Borg. None of the brothers could quite figure it out. Now some of them want out but "where would we go?" seems so appropriate for them because they're either too far in debt trying to make ends meet and make 5 meetings a week, 20+ hours of FS, studying the watchtower Bible with the family. and clean at night and on weekends. I still can't figure out what made them decide this is the WTBTS's org and not God's. They didn't have enough time to keep up with all that 'spiritual food' they were choking down let alone research the Borg's world wide operations.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Uncle Bruce,
    You've got me beat for most emoticons in one post! <sigh>
    In my area, it was janitorial, and, um, well I'll be darned... I cannot think what anyone else did! 
    Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit