Calling All Medicos

by Valis 27 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hi Valis - it could also be only a rib pulled out of place by a spasm in some muscles. That's what it sounds like to me, though as you say, you landed rather hard. Don't you take your calcium and magnesium man??

But anyway, hopefully if it's only a rib "out" you can soak in hot water to soothe and increase blood flow. Ice at night should reduce the swelling. Aspirin reduces inflammation which is important too. And lots of whiskey of course!

(Then see your chiropractor to pop it back in.)

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Hey T-Head - I cracked my ribs once playing hockey and slept on the couch in a semi-upright position for 6 weeks because it hurt too much to lay down.

ENJOY!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Hi Valis - it could also be only a rib pulled out of place by a spasm in some muscles. That's what it sounds like to me, though as you say, you landed rather hard. Don't you take your calcium and magnesium man??

Exactly my thoughts. A good chiropractor can fix you up. It happens to Dave all the time...............rib gets a little twisted out of place..........it doesn't actually get out of the socket, but soooo painful. Very sharp pains.

• bem
    bem

So Valis did you have to see the doc? pain gone away or worse? My cracked ribs have kept in that sleeping up-right position afore mentioned, they don't seem to make pain meds and muscle relaxers strong enough to kill that pain. That is, I guess and still be able to wake in the next 6 to 8 hours...hope today has you in better shape less pain.

Dorothy

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, I haven't heard from our District Overbeer, so I'm assuming (1) he's feeling better, (2) he got a ride to the doctor, (3) he's peacefully asleep from some wonderful remedy.

Nina

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Never good when one hurts oneself. Especially if Valis hurts himself. Although I think the injury is months old, having happened when he attempted that chorus line over in the U.K.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I think Blondie got it right; its the DEMONS that got you.....

• wednesday
    wednesday

nina.

just woke up and saw this thread, u are correct, most likley cracked rib, and they will probably bandage . kind of like the toes being broken, not too much they do. Thye might give him some nice remendy for pain however.

• Valis
    Valis

Good morning or afternoon or whatever you want to call it. I got some sleep on the sofa, with the Tiger Balm and the heated patch on my back....feels much better today actually, just having muscles spasms and trying to be as non rowdy as possible. Still can't cough which is a beyotch, but it is nowhere near last night's hatefulness. I'm hoping I won't have to go to hospital and I can just lay low for a day or two more. I really don't have anything to do so if i can keep from being bored out of my skull I think I will be fine. Thanks for your replies and just waiting for my pharmacopia to arrive. Have a good day everyone.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Hey Valis, glad to hear your feeling better today. But it does sound like a cracked rib. Whatever you do don't sneeze, you thought coughing was a beyotch, sneezing causes excruciating pain. I had two broken ribs a couple of years ago, and it does take time to heal. It took months for mine to heal.

The best medication was Vioxx (although that's banned now) and a mild anti-depressant which the doctor said even though I wasn't depressed it helped to relax me enough to sleep.

Take care.

cj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit