OK whos read some books here?

by Zep 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

The whole point of eBooks is that you read them on the computer or Pocket PC etc.. it kinds of defeats the object if we print them out !
    I'm still waiting for my new iPaq to arrive...no doubt Angharad will borrow it to test the Reader software

• dsgal
    dsgal

I highly recommend COC.It is a very rare look into the inner workings of the society.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello dsgal,

Nice to meet you - and thanks for pulling up this ooooooold thread - Zep was a *special* kinda guy........I'll leave you to determine what I mean by *special.* He is missed around here, in a special way, lol.

As for CofC - agree, great read. I find it interesting that I have a friend who's a da'd jw (rather than be df'd for smoking, she wrote her letter), and she's being shunned for several years now. But she still believes it's The Truth - and it's her problem for not living up to Bible standards.

I encouraged her to do some outside reading (as that's what we encourage worldly people to do) - but she wasn't interested. I guess she'd rather spend her life feeling inferior and guilty.

Hope you stick around.........nice place, nice people (in general - we all have *our days*)

waiting

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Two of several books I am reading

The Harp of God by Rutherford that I picked up on Saturday at a second hand book store - the 1921 version with "Proof conclusive that millions now living will never die" imprinted on the cover (which was removed in later versions)

A very interesting book called "Obedience to Authority" by Stanley Milgram about a research study to examine why and how people will submit to perceived authority and ignore their conscience. Fascinating study and I think it might have some interesting implications in those who are obedient to the authority of a cult.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I threw most of my dub stuff out.

all i got left is WT volumes between 1970 and 75. A half dozen mid 60s/70s books on Revelation and Ezekial. The two Ray Franz books. Olofsons "sign of the Last days'. Ummm....An 1870s book called "three worlds" . "Harp of God" . 6 volumes of Russell.And about 1200 photocopied pages from Watchtowers from 1879 thru 1928 on various subjects such as Prophecy, Pyramids and The FDS. These are bound into sequential order in 5 volumes. And about half of the "finished mystery" also selectively photocopied and bound. Thats all.

Edited by - refiners fire on 27 August 2002 4:25:54

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit