Which Ones Got To YOU?

by Sunspot 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

"Sophie's Choice". I have never watched this movie, and I never will. My friend saw it, gave me the run down, and I cried just listening. I have never been able to bring myself to watch it...just too, too sad.

Muriel's Wedding...don't ask me what it is about this movie...but it just is a wierd good movie that makes me happy and sad all at the same time. Must be those ABBA tunes...I love ABBA...and of course I cried when I watched ET die...but hey, I was 12 or something.

• OUT and about
    OUT and about

Dumb and Dumber

That is rather telling, wouldn't you say?

I felt Antwone Fisher was very powerful, also.

• fifi
    fifi

Have to agree with Dustin for Braveheart.

On a more juvenile register, I was very touched by Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron. (I'm probably never going to live that one down.)

Another touching story, I found was The Piano Lesson.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

When I was a kid it was Old Yeller (if your eyes don't at least get misty when he has to shoot Yeller, you don't have a heart)

Later it was Ordinary People. Mary Tyler Moore's character was dead on to my mother; no tears but it helped me see my family for what they were

Then it was a little film called "Lady Jane" with Helena Bonham Carter and Cary Elwes about Lady Jane Gray; I saw this a week after I was released from a psychiatric hospital. I didn't cry but the film, particularly the ending moved me deeply.

But the one that hit the most, and stayed with me the longest was a made-for-TV movie called "I Know My First Name is Stephen" about the real life abduction of Stephen Staynor. No tears I identified with much of the story and I was truly saddened when I heard he died in a motorcyle accident.

However the one scene in a movie that made me cry more than any other was from, of all things, Titanic. When the ship was sinking and they came upon an Eastern European boy standing in front of a door barely holding the sea back. I damn near lost it in the theater.

• under74
    under74

Far Away, So Close -Wim Wenders

Elling -Petter Naes

Requiem for a Dream- not only does it make me cry, it leaves me depressed for days...

Taste of Cherry -Abbas Kiarostami --always kind of gets me.

Murder On A Sunday Morning (documentary) - how can you watch the part where the mother is testifying and not cry?

Children of Heaven -Majid Majidi --it's kind of predictable but it's still tugs at the heart strings.

.....and yes, The Color Purple has me crying like a baby every time.

• oldflame
    oldflame

The passion of Christ

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I enjoyed Les Miserables with Liam Neeson and Geoffrey Rush a lot. Also Shine, with Rush.

Fearless with Jeff Bridges is just a gorgeous portrait of a character and life and death.

Bringing out the Dead with Nicolas Cage is deeply moving - when the drug dealer is impaled on the fence and they are cutting him free - he is dangling out over the city with sparks from the torch flying everywhere into the city lights and he smiles, spits blood and says, "It's beautiful. Look. It's beautiful." And it is.

I've always wept at Saving Private Ryan - that damnable coward got his buddy killed... god I hated him.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit