Which Ones Got To YOU?

by Sunspot 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**The movie that hit me the hardest was "I Am Sam."

I JUST saw that a short time ago on TBS I think it was......and yeah----it was a winner, CG!

hugs

Annie

• little1
    little1

Crossing Delancey-I cry at the happy ending, since it reminds me that I've never had one of my own....

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

"Radio" was the latest one that did me in. Mostly because it was a true story and Cuba Gooding Jr. was awesome in it.

Edited to Add: Another reason why Radio was so powerful to me was because my five-year-old daughter cried hysterically at the one really sad part of that movie (I don't want to give it away, in case people haven't seen it). It was a VERY moving experience.

I haven't watched Charlotte's web in about 15 years but I used to bawl each time I saw it.

Brad

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I have to add this!

When Harry met Sally!

Brooke

• prophecor
    prophecor

Scent of a Woman, when Colnel Frank Slade is contemplating his eventual suicide, and Charlie decides to cheer him up by taking him for a ride in a red Ferrari,..... and who winds up getting taken for a ride?

To see Pacino in that car, playing a blind man driving down the back streets of NYC, a man that's portrayed as someone so desperate for happiness, and having found it, at least for that solitary brief moment, I laugh and cry all in the same space at that point of the movie, every time, like clockwork, always has the full strength effect.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Mine is kind of corny, but it was BraveHeart, in two spots. The first was when they kill his wife, I just want to be him going out on the revenge warpath for his love. The other spot is when they're allowing him to beg for mercy at the end, and he screams freedom instead. Just gets me every time.

Dustin

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Terms of endearment, when the daughter dies in the hospital of cancer. Steel Magnolias, first when Julia Roberts character dies and then when her mother (played by Sally Field) breaks down at her funeral. There are many more but those are the first two that come to mind.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Ol Yeller, Where the Red Fern Grows, Armeggedon..where the parents look at eachother even... Snif.. Gawd I am a big softy when it comes to drama movies.

X.

• bem
    bem

A friend reminded me of one, I see it has been mentioned " Where the Red Fern Grows"

• Preston
    Preston
    But the highest experience I can recall is Tarkovsky's The Sacrifice. It was the first film of him I saw (although it was his last) and it was just so incredibly close to me. I walked for miles in Paris, still crying. Don't tell me I'm a weird case, I know.

Narkissos, Tarkovsky's films carry such a purity and spiritual depth that its no wonder it moved you the way it did. I have never seen another film that paints an old testament style sacrifice so well with the profound conclusion that engulfs the main protagonist. I did a reviw of this movie on IMDB along with Tarkovsky's other works if you want to see them. Tarkovsky truly may be the greatest single filmmaker who ever lived. His 7 movies are 7 of the best movies ever made. With that in mind....

Andrei Rublev is a film that brings me to tears ever time I see it. The concluding scene with the bell-maker may be the greatest single moment i have ever witnessed in film.

Other movies that make me cry: The Rapture, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, The Godfather, Jacob's Ladder, Sansho the Baliff, Mulholland Drive, The Killing Fields, Seven Beauties

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit