My Phone Conversation With Watchtower on Tsunami Disaster!

by Voyager 52 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The real "story" as usual, is that the biggest natural disaster in any of our lifetimes has hit this earth and humankind, and this religious organization that has a proven, in place, working capability to reach and motivate and marshall 6 million plus people to donate time, money, and other resources towards helping victims, doesn't even see a need to put a note up about it on their website.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    One thing I did forget to mention in my post was, Both Watchtower representatives seemed as though they were (only concerned with Jehovah's Witness victims), and did not mention anybody else. How's that for: LOVE THY NEIGHBOR?

This was my very thought while I was reading your (great) post.

Saddened me to remember that this is how I/we spoke all the time. Worldly people were completely expendable. Almost just in the way...

Terrible way to think of human lives.

• justhuman
    justhuman

The WT likes to condemn other religions but when it is time to give MONEY regarding HUMANITARIAN help they just try to avoid that.

In my country just ONE day after the disaster local Churches start to have donations-money,clothes, etc, plus the money that the Orthodox Church donate to this course for the survivors,plus there they created bank accounts for the tsunami disaster. Greece was the first country to send doctors, medicine, cloths. and money, for the people there, and there is still more to send with military carrier airplanes.

I'm sure that other countries do the same. There is a week that passed by after this tragic insident, and I ask my wife if the WT announced any arrangement regarding the disaster and she said NOTHING.

The WT it has shown the REAL face of that doomsday cult that cares less regarding other people. All they care it is get more members, and how to get MORE money in their warfare investments. War gives you more profit instead of helping people and they know this well. Just like Emperor Bush that spends billions in order to kill innocent people in Iraq and just donate $30.000.000 for the survivors ot the tsunami tragedy.

What a shame...

• Mary
    Mary
    To be fair on the WTS...they are not a relief organisation...they have a relief department , however it does not operate on the same scale as other dedicated charities or organisations do.

That's the whole point though: The WTS does very, very little in the way of charity work when you compare it to other religious organizations (all part of Satan's world of course).

The entire conversation I'm sure was well rehearsed on the Borg's side. They probably had their lawyers sit down and write out responses to any calls they got enquiring as to what they're doing in the way of the relief effort. The continuous quotes like "I don't have that information" or "they haven't told us that yet", is just plain bullshit. Can you imagine phoning the Salvation Army if you wanted to donate to the Relief Effort and getting half assed comments like that??

I guarantee you that any money that anyone contributed to this disaster via the WTS, would go into a general fund called "The Worldwide Work" and not to these poor people. It angers me enormously that "God's Channel" here on earth is once again going to do f*ck-all to help out their fellow man........but I guess it shouldn't surprise us.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    To be fair on the WTS...they are not a relief organisation...they have a relief department , however it does not operate on the same scale as other dedicated charities or organisations

This is true BUT watchtower discourages its members from contributing to other relief org that can render real help.

There is nothing fair about the WTS. They are callous and uncaring. And they don't give a hoot about others' suffering.

Thanks Voyager for that interesting read. I wanted to call myself but feared that I would lose control and say samething nasty. You were very diplomatic about it.

wanna

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I was at the book study this week and not one word was spoken about the disaster. Two prayers and not one mention of the greatest disaster on humandkind.

After the book study my husband asked the conductor what he thought about this horrendeous tragedy and his response: IT'S A WARMUP FOR ARMAGHEDDON.

Seems to me that WTS and its members rejoice over other peoples suffering. For them its an indication of what they are waiting for.

What a sick mentality!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna

• minimus
    minimus

Great thread!! One thing I noticed was that only JWs were the focus of this disaster. Forget about 100000+ people dead. Only the Witnesses really count.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice
    IT'S A WARMUP FOR ARMAGHEDDON.

Seems to me that WTS and its members rejoice over other peoples suffering.

I despair at that sort of attitude.

Charity from latin; affection love.

The WTB&TS is not a charitable organisation and its members generally fail to demonstrate the 'agape' love they brag about.

Eyeslice

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    Great thread!! One thing I noticed was that only JWs were the focus of this disaster. Forget about 100000+ people dead. Only the Witnesses really count. Min

That's what stood out to me about the conversation as well Min.

Sure, the reps were nice, but there didn't appear to be even a slight acknowledgement of the 100,000+ that have died. Both Bethel-lites assumed that Voyager was concerned only about the brothers, which I guess makes sense because that's all the WTS really cares about as well.

I still stand behind my slogan for the WTS:

?The nicest group of evil people you'll ever meet."

Interesting exercise Voyager. Thx for posting it.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

My perception of the conversation is that the main concern is JW deaths, and since there are only 2 that they know of...who cares about the rest of the victims. Basically, even if they were nice on the phone, that is the message they are giving out. JW's "count" but no one else does. Ha. That could have a double meaning couldn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit