My Phone Conversation With Watchtower on Tsunami Disaster!

by Voyager 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Voyager
    Voyager

Raphael

Panda

Thank you! Panda, I like your picture, pretty neat!

Please have a (Happy New--and SAFE Year Everybody)!

Voyager

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

thats awesome dude, good job!

• Voyager
    Voyager

District Overbeer

Lostreality

Thanks again, and please have a wonderful and happy new year!

Voyager

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    2. The first rep just told me to donate to the (Watchtower Worldwide Work). Yet the second rep I spoke to, indicated a differentiation between the Worldwide Work and writing a (letter) indicating the (Work Relief Fund). If I were in a hurry and sent in my donation and forgot to write this (letter) showing an intended different path for the donation to go to the Disaster Victims, rather than the Worldwide Work,---then would the Watchtower have kept my donation anyway? Would the Disaster Victims not receive my donation?

IMHO I doubt a letter even matters. They will most likely keep any monies donated for the Society and say damn the "worldly people."

To be fair on the WTS...they are not a relief organisation...they have a relief department , however it does not operate on the same scale as other dedicated charities or organisations do.

True, they are not a relief organisation, but they are quick to say that they are often the FIRST to help in disasters such as this and claim to that after they take care of their own, that they then help the non JW's. Anyway, that is what I was told when I was just a study studying the "Paradise" book.

• Quotes
    Quotes

===================================
    Eyebrow2 said: "I am not a fan of the borg either, but I don't think there is going to be a great skimming of funds donated on this"
    ===================================

I would like to point out that if the Voyager did not persist and get to the second person, and donated based on what was told by the first person, then I'd say that exactly 0% of that donation would go to Disaster Relief and 100% would go to book publishing.

As it is, a seperate note saying how the money is to be used (the 2nd person's instructions) is also pretty weak. Any accountant will tell you that the first order of business in a case like this it to create a seprate, special account dedicated only to the one purpose and with a separate, specific PAYEE different from the regular corporate Payee.

Imagine if I went arround soliciting donations for Tsunami releif, and asked my neighbors to make the cheque payable to Mr. Quotes.... yah, and when your done with that cheque, I have a bridge for sale.

=============================================
    Raphael said: "To be fair on the WTS...they are not a relief organisation."
    =============================================

I agree with you... but to be fair to my memory, I've been hearing since I was a kid that "in disasters, the brothers are the first on the scene, with planes full of supplies, for ALL, not just JWs." Why, an email from my sister not too long ago made that (bogus) claim yet again. As they say in the geek crowd, "I CALL BULLS**T"

Voyager: I would humbly request you help and approval to add this transcript, and (hopefully) recording (if a recording exists) to my Quotes website. If you agree, contact me via email. Use the email address at http://quotes.watchtower.ca/admin-contact-us.htm.

Thanks,

~Quotes, of the "exposing the mistruths" class

• 95stormfront
  • Voyager
    Voyager

Quotes:

Absolutely! You can have my post right now if you would like to have it. I have already E-mailed you the necessary information. As soon as I get my phone bill, I will send you a copy of that also. You could scan only the section of the phone bill that you need to show the Watchtower telephone number. If I can help any further, just let me know! I'll be more than happy to assist.

Voyager

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well if i were calling around to see who to donate to, the responses from the wtbs would indicate to me that they arent someone to give to for this purpose.

they arent trucking or flying anything in..as far as money going to purchase things locally. who is the money going to? if everything is destroyed locally where are they goign to buy it? what infrastructure do they have in place to see that this is done?

thanks for posting it voyager. as far as the conversation goes i dont see anything objectionable other than the fact that the ones you can reach by phone arent provided with more information, so how can information be passed on to potential donors?

• Voyager
    Voyager

candidlynuts:

Thanks for your comments candidlynuts. I was at least glad that the Watchtower claimed to be providing fresh water. Right now, fresh water is a must for those poor folks. I do agree, that some of the answers I received seemed vague. But I also realize that the Watchtower higher-ups probably give the witnesses who answer the telephones an (outline) of what to say, and what (not) to say. Sort of like a (phone) presentation. Any questions that are different from what they are used to answering, they must have to refer you to a different department. I was surprized when the first rep told me that there (was no great loss of life), yet it was clear that (2) Jehovah's Witnesses had died. Even (one) death in my book is a (great loss). But I know what they meant. They meant it wasn't in the hundreds or thousands in numbers. I hope they will be able to do more since every (foot) of Dumbo property is selling for $600 to $900 dollars a (square) foot. That kind of money could sure go to saving a lot of lives.

Take care and have a wonderful new year candidlynuts!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I'm a pilot (not commercial or anything) but I wouldn't dream of flying a piper over an ocean... thats insanity! That little Piper Navajo would be awesome for island hopping but flying over the big water? Thanks but no!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit