RE: SASSY'S PLEA FOR HELP WITH TSUNAMI DISASTER

by azaria 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Boy, you can take some people out of the Kingdom Hall, but I guess you can't take the Kingdom Hall out of some people

Guess that whole Sermon on the Mount by some guy who I think went by the name Jesus is easily forgotten?

MATT 6:16-18: 16 ?When YOU are fasting, stop becoming sad-faced like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting. Truly I say to YOU , They are having their reward in full. 17 But you, when fasting, grease your head and wash your face, 18 that you may appear to be fasting, not to men, but to your Father who is in secrecy; then your Father who is looking on in secrecy will repay you.

Sure, let's shut down all fluff threads. After that we can suspend publication of the comics for a month and then ban Buggs Bunny.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    For those who have given, god bless, for those who have not, god bless you too for surely you have nothing and must be living in poverty.

Very well said Brummie

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    The Tsunami disaster is all over the news - TV - Radio - papers - and it is impossible to miss it.

There are several actions to collect money.

Just because people aren't responding to the posts here on the disaster doesn't mean they haven't taken some personal action to donate to the cause. The AOL home page has links to donation areas--along with Amazon and I am sure many big internet companies are doing the same.

Yes, I visit this board frequently, but I don't live here. This is a terrible disaster for sure. Yes, and I came here this morning and answered some of the other posts this morning--some of which had nothing to do with the disaster. My heart goes out to the people in these devastated areas, but I personally need to keep connecting on some other levels in order to keep my sanity--things like this are so overwhelming if you overly focus of them--I am sure others feel the same. For those who would like to do something please donate--there are plenty of places to do so. That is probably the best we can do.

cybs

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Sure, let's shut down all fluff threads.

noooooooo..............................

(i LIVE for fluff)

• Sirona
    Sirona

I've posted a bit about the tsunami. Do you mean me? If so, I've had a good response, I hope a better response over the days to come.

Sirona

• lawrence
    lawrence

azaria-

Go back to the Hall and bust balls there. You probably miss being part of the congo police.

peace and blessings

• Special K
    Special K

I wasn't aware that I had to give an accounting of my donation?

SK

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Just jumping in to say that I know you're upset Azaria. This is a horrible, horrible tragedy. As others have already stated, we don't need to account for what we may have given/done...not to this board or to anyone. I'm glad that Sirona started the thread about donations. It is a good reminder but it is definitely not the only place to go for that.

Oh, and, a little tidbit regarding tax payers' donations - to quote the following article: "The world's richest nations have pledged more than $250 million US in emergency aid -- that includes $68 million from Spain, $35 million from the United States and $30 million from Japan. Britain pledged $29 million. Canada has pledged over $33 million US."

http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1104324207445_7?hub=topstories

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I am not one to shout out to the world when I give money to help. Just because I don't respond to a post about it doesn't mean that I don't care either. I do care and I did give money, if that makes you feel better.

Please, try not to judge others just because they do not respond to a post that they "may not" have even seen.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Well since you've asked, I've already made a monitary donation, and signed up to volunteer with Relief International www.RI.org in preparing relief packages to send over next week. So there. A pity you questions others level of compassion. How tacky it would be for people to publicly declare how much they have given and volunteered. I think this thread you started is tacky as well. BTW did you not notice the header of this site with teh links to places where you can contribute?

Perhaps this news article will help ease your mind. There has been an "Overwhelming Outpouring" of donations, and tens of millions of dollars raised just online in 3 days.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6767210/site/newsweek/

also here is a link to other relief organizations inside the United States:

http://www.usaid.gov/locations/asia_near_east/tsunami/ngolist.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit