RE: SASSY'S PLEA FOR HELP WITH TSUNAMI DISASTER

by azaria 41 Replies latest jw friends

• azaria
    azaria

Convince me that I'm wrong. I am extremely disappointed with the response. But the same thing happened during the crisis in the Caribbean (Haiti etc) a few months back. I read responses about how uncaring and ungenerous the witnesses are and yet I don’t see too many people on this board being generous or even going to these posts. Three people brought it up and yet there's hardly a response. Some here are more interested in what avatar somebody should use. All I read is skeptism. Is that an easy way out for you? At this point I truly don’t care how you respond to me regarding this post. If it makes you give, that’s all I want. Please don’t be like the witnesses that you criticize. From where I stand I don’t see any difference. Up to 68,00 people have died and it will continue to climb. How can we sit back and do absolutely nothing? Come on people show your compassion and give, volunteer, do SOMETHING!!

p.s If I’m wrong please respond. I want to believe that some give but do no state so.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    I don?t see too many people on this board being generous or even going to these posts.

how can you tell...?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

wtf???? Sassy has nothing to do with this natural disaster. Encourage our giving spirit all you want, but don't try to spank anyone for things you know nothing of, or try to ingratiate yourself with some posters at the expense of the others.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

I have already given alot.

Should I post how much and be braggart?

I can't at this moment go over there and dig graves. But the disaster has brought me to tears more than a few dozen times since it has been reported.

Azaria, the compassionate people who help don't have alot of time to report what they are doing, they are doing.

Regards,

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    p.s If I?m wrong please respond. I want to believe that some give but do no state so.

Thats kind of the idea.

Giving and bragging dont go hand in hand.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I have just made a donation online and got other members of my family to chip in.

I would urge all others on this board to give what they can - making a donation online nowadays is easy and secure. The situation in SE Asia is desperate.

Eyeslice.

• azaria
    azaria

16 people responded to Sassy's post dated Dec 28- 359 reviewed it. 64 people responded to Pathetic JW Web Site posted Dec 29 - 1,472 viewed it. I rarely come here anymore. I am here for a very short time to ask people to give. I am hoping to volunteer and have an appointment this afternoon. Tooting my own horn? We have a major disaster here.

• Fleur
    Fleur
    Giving and bragging dont go hand in hand

true. most people who give don't like to publicize it. You can't know what your fellow posters here have done/are doing.

I didn't even see Sassy's post...threads move so fast here it's hard to keep up. I've been seeking out posts on the tragedy to respond to them and somehow missed that one. I will look for it now.

Please don't judge others by the responses. many may have missed the post too and have likely already donated but don't want to say where or how much because they don't want any attention for just doing the right thing.

essie

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    We have a major disaster here.

yeah, i saw it on CNN, FoxNews, CBS, ABC, read about it in yesterday's and today's paper, and heard it on XM radio. thank god you are here to keep me informed...

16 people responded to Sassy's post dated Dec 28- 359 reviewed it. 64 people responded to Pathetic JW Web Site posted Dec 29 - 1,472 viewed it.

monitoring and counting people's responses now? hmm, there's something oddly familiar about this...

I rarely come here anymore. I am here for a very short time to ask people to give. I am hoping to volunteer and have an appointment this afternoon. Tooting my own horn?

i won't say if i sent money 'cause if i did, i didn't do it for glory, i did it to try to help in my own measly way. no one's a saint 'cause they replied to a post, and no one's a sinner 'cause they don't. sheesh...

• Valis
    Valis

Some of us give to charities all the time and this place is not to be judged on what we do as individuals for charitable works. When we speak of the WTBTS it is more than obvious they are not an organization that leans toward giving and helping the community at large. That is plain to see to most everyone. How about you?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit