Benny Hinn - DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?

by William Penwell 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ugggg... that guy is based here in Irving where I live.

Just up the road there is the TBN building where they make all of their "Praise the LARD and send me more cash" shows.

You should see it... it looks like a palace fit for a greek god.

• yucca
    yucca

Why is it that they never go to hospitals and cure all the little children in them? yucca

• undercover
    undercover
    I can't believe anyone is that gullible to believe this crap.

That's what people say after they close the door when the JWs leave.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I BELIEVE...I BELIEVE...I BELIEVE,

How can you doubt in miracles. I PERSONALY sent Benny an I.O.U for one million dollars...US.

All I am hoping for from his god is one little porche but I will still be a true believer if I receive nothing.

Truly I say unto you ...Benny is doing god's work.

• one
    one

Mouthy Blondie and all

Dont blame yourself dont compare jw with Benny. The obious is obvious. In the jw religion people were not even drawn to a particular indivual "prophet", everything seemed just right.

Why do you think so many bright people, like you two, could not see the "truth about the truth"?

As a social group jw were just right. After all the social aspect is what keep people, even bright people, attached to a group.

Well probably many find Benny likeable (sp?) even if they dont know him. Those who enter a personal relationship is mainly becaused they "liked" each other, a subjective matter.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

one

As a social group jw were just right. After all the social aspect is what keep people, even bright people, attached to a group.

The social aspect? What, you mean that a social group that will turn its collective back on you is 'just right'? Of course, the fact that everyone you know will stop talking if you leave does keep people in.

But seriously, do you think a social group where Elders and Pioneers are seen as examples even if they are not, where the Organisation determines whether you should have friendship, where you can be marked as an unworthu associate from the platform and where social gatherings and male-female contact are subjected to arbitary rules is 'just right'.

It's a stinking cult; you can wash it, but just as a skunk is still a skunk afetr being washed, the Dubbies are still a cult no matter what bits an individual might like.

• Simon
    Simon

Do these "Benny Hinn" types exist anywhere outside of America?

It seems incredible to me that anyone would ever fall for such bunkum and yet ... there they all are !!

• ignored_one
    ignored_one
    Do these "Benny Hinn" types exist anywhere outside of America?

I've seen similar ads while wandering round London.

There's also the case of that preacher from Kenya who claimed to make barren woman pregnant. Usually by giving them someone else's baby.

-

Ignored One.

• one
    one

Abbadon,

The social aspect? What, you mean that a social group that will turn its collective back on you is 'just right'? Of course, the fact that everyone you know will stop talking if you leave does keep people in.

Think harder or just do some honest research and interviewing in case you did not have a long and good experience around jw people.

I dont know what your social experience was with jw by your side of the Atlantic.

generally speaking for many-many it was fine experience, we played basketball, went camping, to the beach, bowling etc etc , at some point we got together every sunday night, whole jw families, drink some beers, play games, telling jokes, just having fun.

As long as you are willing to stay wihin jw border lines there is no major problem.

Obviously for whatever reason most poster here decided to step outside, including me.

There was so much confidence and respect within jw that you could travel just about anywhere in the globe and stay as a guest in jw a home, people you never met before, and it was just like if they were your long time friends. Race and language did not make a big difference.

Try to do that wit any othe group..... btw such reality may have somethng to do with the jw entering the UN as an NGO. You know what the UN goal is (but they need guns to do it) and in that regard jw did much better than the UN, in an small scale..

It happened all the time during conventions. In fact they set up a "accomodation" department just for that purpose at each convention. Such department did all the coordination, some guest were picked up at airports by the jw home owner. Beleive me it was amazing, been there done that.

Such brotherhood i have never seen outside jw and most likely never will during my lifetime. The things i just mentioned were the thing jw were known for, commented in newspaper articles. There was a time that jw were really proud, they shout and brag about being jw, not anymore.

Humans in general are less "human" and became more indepedent as economy conditions improved, some time ago not too many jw families could afford staying in a motel during conventions, to stimulate brotherhood wt did no encourage staying in motels..

btw old timers jw were another totally different breed. Actually a generation or two ago people were more "human".

• bavman
    bavman

oh sorry.....i thought this thread was about benny hill....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit