Lost

by peggy 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• peggy
    peggy

I tried to send my message but it went to Inbox.

I am new to forum, and am not sure if this is where I want to be. I have no trust in any organization, as a hierachy exists in them all. Possibly even here. I am seperated with a pending divorce. I was in a long term marriage. My husband was a Elder for many years. Of my three children, only one is active. Neither my husband or I have been active for some time. We are all supportive of each other, just as lost as the next.

I am dealing with depression. I was exploited by my therapist who I was seeking help from. We had an "affair", he used me, and exploited my inexperience, fear, and need for answers. I truly am lost.

• ko38
    ko38

welcome. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.Hopefully things will go more your way.

Here you will not be judged or taken advantage of.You may have to laugh a bit though,there are some comedians here as well as the serious.

Please take your coat off and stay a while. ko38

• seven006
    seven006

Peggy,

Sorry, but your comments just put you into the above normal level on this forum. It gets better. We will prove that to you once we all agree on what better means.

Welcome, sit back, have a cocktail, and enjoy the ride.

Dave

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Peggy,

that sucks.

I hope that you will find some comfort here.

You are free here to look around or post, or whatever you want...

Hope the next year will be "good" for you.

Branda

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Hi Peggy and Welcome! I don't post very often but want to say you are not alone; you will learn much if you stick around here. As in the "real world" there are all types of people here. That's how we learn and discern. You have every right to be bitter about your experience, that should not happen to anyone. Any chance of filing charges against the therapist?

• bebu
    bebu

(((((Lost)))))

First off, WELCOME to the board!

I'm sorry to hear about how things have gotten. May I suggest reading some of Lady Lee's posts--she's a counselor/therapist dealing with victims of abuse? There are others here who have had similar experiences to yours...

This is under the Best Of subheading, Best of Lady Lee.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/76382/1.ashx

Far as I can see, not much of a hierarchy here... just some forum moderates, and they are quite varied so as to give a good spectrum of viewpoint. So, I hope you'll give it about 4 weeks before you call it quits here.

Here... have a nice cuppa coffee. Relax a little.

bebu

• peggy
    peggy

The "above normal level"? You people truly are crazy. I've been reading here for a while now. I find many topics interesting and thought provoking. I still attend meeting, but am not considered regular. I am inactive as far as service. I have no Idea what I will do with my life. I am half way through it, which is weird, because I was raised with the prospect of NO future. I seriously never felt worthy of the new world. My mom came into the truth when I was four, my dad spent the next several years hating her religion, which translated into hating us. We were not alowed to attend meetings, until the teenage years hit. Suddenly my moms religion wasn't half bad. It felt like a privilege to finally investigate this forbidden fruit. I married young as many witnesses do. Horney I guess.

I'm now in my 40's (gulp). Three grown children. How do you move on from here?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    You people truly are crazy.

I dont understand, why do you say WE are crazy?

Mrs Jones

• peggy
    peggy

NO one has ever said I was "above normal", CRAZY!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi Peggy, and WELCOME !

First of all, be assured that there is a GREAT life waiting down the road for you. You've just taken your first baby-step by posting and getting to know some pretty wonderful people here, some who have been in your shoes and are now meeting life head-on.

As the saying goes, take it a day at a time, learn something new each day and you'll be amazed at where you will be in the spring. Life is a journey - cast off the negative, search for the positive and that which is "real" and set your course for where you want to go. YOU can make it happen. You've got time, you've got support here and heaven knows that you'll get many suggestions and opinions here to help you along the way.

btw, 40 is young ... now get to it.....your LIFE is waiting for you.

also, Peggy.... I don't make light of your depression. A family member of mine spent a few years under that "cloud". What I am saying, is that we're here for you to help you figure things out and feel better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit