Lost

by peggy 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• seven006
    seven006

***The "above normal level"? You people truly are crazy. ***

Takes one to know one. Crazy is the glue that keeps us all together. It's actually a bit comforting to accept that fact. It gives you a good starting point for progression. Looking into the mirror and telling the person you see that they are nuts is quite an euphony. Realizing all the people standing behind you and looking into the same mirror saying the same thing lets you know you are not alone. The problem with most people who think they are normal is their inability to realize they are not. Once you understand that, you have set yourself above the bar and then you can begin to grow.

You at least have identified some of your problems and have posted them here. As you keep reading this board you will find you are not all that unique and that your problems are not so much a problem as they are a circumstance. Problems can be solved and circumstances can be changed. It's all up to you and how honest you can be with yourself. I recommend watching more Southpark. It's worked for me.

You're separated and have a pending divorce, you just joined over half the normal married population.
    Your in your 40's, that is not a problem but a fact of life. You do not have trust in any organization, you get major points for that one. You are dealing with depression, so is a good majority of the population, depression is a big business these days. It overshadows people dealing with extreme happiness 10 to 1. Your therapist is a pig, report him to the board of ethics and get his card pulled.

Southpark, the comedy channel, Wednesday nights.

Dave

• ko38
    ko38

Peggy,

THere are many people who never felt deserving of approval from their maker.I was one for sure.Not because I was a sinner,(which i of course was) but because i saw so many that had more faith or love or more hours than i did.

Well i'm here now and i feel more worthy than ever before and so should you.PLease read the book crisus of conscience by Ray Franz,ex member of the governing body.It can be purchased at freeminds.com or amazon.com or you can order it.(It will definately help you).

Just to show how badly I reacted to finding out the jw's were wrong, click on my post topics and you will see how i felt in the beginning.Please know that you are a child of God and deserving of every blessing he has to offer.Faith in the sacrifice of Jesus is very im portant IMHO.

I think i speak for everyone here when i say that we will be glad to do whatever we can to support you whatever your choice is.(well short of being a SATAN worshipper).BEST of luck to you.Havent said luck in a while have you.

If you ever have questions and dont want to post there is a private message section you can use to talk to who ever you want. see ya ko38

• peggy
    peggy

Thanks to you all for the welcome. You made me smile. The South Park comment made me laugh out loud. Thats a start! I'm not sure what I am doing. I guess I'll take one day at a time. I've always been a bit of a rebel. I have some guilt and shame around that. I just want to LIVE. Really live!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

YEP! What seven006 had to say.

I can only add, Don't let that SOB get away with molesting you. Turn him into the police and every other license board you can think of.

Outoftheorg

7006 has this information because I "mind melld" with him and give it to him for you.

And you think you are crazy!!

Outoftheorg

• peggy
    peggy

Just to clear things up and let you know I'm not a total milk toast, I have filed a complaint with the health boards in my state. I have also filed a civil suit. The hardest part about the lawsuit was my fear in bringing reproach. I thought long and hard about it. This therapist betrayed my trust and abused me. I needed to stand up to it, face it. 2004 has been the most difficult year of my life. I have been at the lowest, unable to get out of bed. I am slowly getting better, I have a new therapist, who is helping me. Out of guilt, I went to the elders about my adultery. They were actually very understanding. I haven't answered or been a part of the school for so long, there really weren't any privileges they could take away from me. They also had some guilt in there own lack of care, as my marriage fell apart. Not one call. My family just slowly fell apart. I'm still having trouble leaving home. Only short trips out the door. Still.....things will get better, I'm sure of it.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I think i speak for everyone here when i say that we will be glad to do whatever we can to support you whatever your choice is.(well short of being a SATAN worshipper).

ko38

Hey, if that's what it takes, we'll dabble in some worshiping of the Debil for ya.

In fact, I hear Elsewhere & Valis have performed multiple virgin sacrifces for the betterment of the board

Oh, and welcome!

*** Hope I didn't scare her off...***

• kat2u
    kat2u

I went thru something similar to you awhile back.I felt lost like my whole world was pulled out from under me.

It will get better just take one day, one hour,one minute at a time.

I am so much happier now that I ever was before.But it was like I had to go thru hell first to get where I am.

Please feel free to pm me any time.

Kat

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hi Peggy, here is a link to some of my thoughts after leaving the organization. Maybe it will help.

Who Am I? ?How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the Watchtower Society

All my best,

Doug Kelley

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Your therapist is a pig, report him to the board of ethics and get his card pulled.

ABSOLUTELY! This person is preying on you and others who are emotionally and mentally vulnerable. This is against every ethic known to human society.

Terri

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    I've always been a bit of a rebel. I have some guilt and shame around that. I just want to LIVE. Really live!

Peggy - you go girl!!! Welcome to the board from another rebel uppidy woman! Forget the shame, if you are like me, you will now learn not to waste a minute of whats left of this vast wonderful experience called life. I didn't get out until late 30s, and I have not looked back or failed to stop and smell the roses since that time. There are so many wonderful people on this board with the accumulated wisdom of all sorts of backgrounds and experiences, you can't help but love it.

Whatever spiritual path you choose (and here's the greatest news, YOU get to choose), you will find others here who are like minded. If you just want to hang out we do lots of that too, talking about mundane, profane or inane things, you'll find it all.

Take care and PM if you ever want to chat!

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit