New OM Book replacement & Upcoming Elder School

by doinmypart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Neo
    Neo

Aude_Sapere,

My mom started auxillary pioneering 2 weeks after my cancer diagnosis. ... She was always too busy to even call to see how I was doing. Had to help her study take care of husband with cancer. ... Made me quite angry. Angry with the elders in her cong too for holding her up as an example of righteous integrity and charactor.

That's horrific! Yuck, talk about WT corban! (Mark 7.9-13) I think this story deserves a thread on its own. It happened about seven years ago, I hope now you've at least partially recovered from your grave illness.

ozziepost,

Come to think of it, for the past several years that's all the elders have been using it for - the 80 questions.

Bingo! Nobody reads the OM book after all.

met,

They CAN ERODE established doctrine .. but not establish new major "truths" in their place.

An outstanding summary of what constitutes New Light TM nowadays. Nobody has the political weight to come up with something really new like in the past. They have been making changes almost exclusively from definite positions to less specific ones, like the identification of the King of the North or UN's role in attacking "God's people." Truly an erosion! It is a picture much farther from a "light that is getting lighter and lighter," which, if applied to religious knowledge, implies moving to a more precise doctrinal position.

In fact, what happened in the early eighties keeps them stuck from making obvious and necessary changes, because of their Jaraczian motto:

'We don't want another Ray, do we?'

Neo

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I will be looking at the questions for baptism.

The last one was brought out in spring so that baptism candidates could go through the new questions before the DC.

They changed the wording of the questions before baptism (to 'spirit directed organisation.')

Wonder if it will now be 'Baptised in the name of [t]his Organisation in association with Jehovah and his side-kick jesus'?

• Neo
    Neo

bttt - one month before the earth-shattering release of Society's new book.

Follow the link:

"Organized to do Jehovah's Will" Book contents

Neo

• moanzy
    moanzy

Doesn't the title of the new book sound like they may be planning on putting more about listening to the organization as being God's Will and then having more crap that the baptised witnesses or witness to be must accept?

Moanzy

• jgnat
    jgnat

bttt

• blondie
    blondie

I see a trend:

2004-2005 Circuit Assembly Theme: BE GUIDED BY THE WISDOM FROM ABOVE

2004-2005 Special Assembly Day Theme: PAY ATTENTION TO HOW YOU LISTEN

2005 District Convention Theme: GODLY OBEDIENCE DISTRICT CONVENTION

March 20, 2005: ORGANIZED TO DO JEHOVAH?S WILL (REPLACE THE ORGANIZED TO ACCOMPLISH OUR MINISTRY BOOK?OM BOOK)

• uc644800
    uc644800

Whats wrong with you lots? Grow up !!

If i would have as much time as you to be idle enough to stab the people you used to associate with , i would be a millionair !

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Whats wrong with you lots? Grow up !!

Hm. Well, I can't speak for everyone here, but I have never stabbed anyone. What, pray tell, is wrong with you? You don't find it just a teensy bit interesting that so many ex-JWs are so pained and troubled by their JW experience that they feel motivated to support one another afterwards?

Odd. You complain that we are stabbing, yet you feel comfortable enough stabbing us. Did someone here stab you? Or are you feeling stabbed at heart?

Acts 7:51-54 "Obstinate men and uncircumcised in hearts and ears, YOU are always resisting the holy spirit; as YOUR forefathers did, so YOU do. Which one of the prophets did YOUR forefathers not persecute? Yes, they killed those who made announcement in advance concerning the coming of the righteous One, whose betrayers and murderers YOU have now become, YOU who received the Law as transmitted by angels but have not kept it."

Well, at hearing these things they felt cut to their hearts and began to gnash their teeth at him.

Carry on.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit