New OM Book replacement & Upcoming Elder School

by doinmypart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

Great comments everyone.

Willyloman, "These guys are fresh out of ideas..."

doingmypart, "This release is just something to excite the publishers..."

Propolog, 'Informant' hey, that brought old memories.

Audi-Apere, What you said was so true. Help others and screw you, right? Very
    Christlike isn't it?

Blondie, 'On page 26, 27, "They discuss corporations..." question, if Jesus were preaching in modern times, would he be 'incorporated' just to be tax exempt? This being incorporated needs a little looking into, what say you?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    if Jesus were preaching in modern times, would he be 'incorporated' just to be tax exempt?

More to the point would be, would he have an "organisation"?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    These guys are fresh out of ideas, just going through the motions, hoping for a miracle. They'll all die soon and a new generation will be left to sort out the mess

Willy - can't agree entirely - they did add 4(?) new GB members a few years back that are still probably under 60 or about. I can't recall their ages, but one, Steven Lett we had as CO. He must be 55 or 60 is all. I think the others are about the same age - but there are some of the 'old' ones still there - they can't last to long now.

Just My Opinion

Jeff

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Funny how the bible counsel is timeless and here's another WTS book way out of date in only 20 short years.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Mrs. Kwin and I find it interesting that they're putting a spin on the title from being, "our ministry" to "Jehovah's will". Seems like another reinforcement that the R&F are serving God, not the corporation.

Kwin

• metatron
    metatron

If the "die off soon" part isn't completely true, then at least the "fresh out of new ideas" is!

These authoritarians have reached a dead end. Not a single one of them has enough clout or authority to make major

changes the way a Knorr or Fred Franz could. They CAN ERODE established doctrine .. but not establish new major

"truths" in their place.

How could anyone of these self-exalted Theocrats ever suggest the sort of reforms that squarely defined Ray Franz

as an 'apostate'? Which one of them would ever have the courage to EVEN SUGGEST such things? Jaracz can just

sit back and accuse them of 'pulling a Ray' and that's it. Charity equal to the ministry? Stop counting time?

Dump chronology?

Perhaps the Directors will feel differently and act - although that would mean stepping out of mere administration

into the realm of doctrine - something forced on them all only when MONEY is at stake or the Legal staff insist danger

is imminent.

metatron

• melmac
    melmac

((((Aude_Sapere)))) stories like this make me cringe...

• Neo
    Neo

Hey, lots of good comments on this thread!!

Blondie,

I still have my "Organization" book, OR in the index. If they didn't want us to keep them, why index it, eh?

I think it settles the issue - the old Organization book is completely indexed in the Index of Watchtower Publications, so we can infer that there was no formal direction from the WT to do away with the OM books.

I do remember the cross and crown pins were supposed to be turned in (...) Even some JWs kept theirs.

Yes, the publishers often keep old stuff even when the WT "instructs" them to destroy it; many congregations keep old outdated forms and things like that which were supposed to be thrown away with.

doinmypart,

After considering Blondie's post, I don't expect any major changes. Rather an updating of a few insignificant policies.

That's what likely will happen. Maybe they'll throw a couple of little modifications into the mix. For many years now, most of the theocratic changes have been anticlimatic. However, as to the baptism questions, I wonder if they'll "simplify" some of the content... (like the "simplifications" in the new Worship book). We'll have to wait and see.

Minimus,

The ministry is being dumped for "doing God's will".....This IS something. Instead of focusing on organizing the ministry, they are pushing the all encompassing theme of "doing God's will".

The two former books were called Organization for Kingdom-Preaching and Disciple-Making and Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry. "Doing God's will" is a more embracing term, but based on the Watchtower's past, that won't probably mean much.

Like metatron said,

I'll believe it when I see it.

Neo

• undercover
    undercover
    The ministry is being dumped for "doing God's will".....This IS something. Instead of focusing on organizing the ministry, they are pushing the all encompassing theme of "doing God's will".

I agree, this IS something.

Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry
    vs
    Organized to Accomplish Jehovah's Will

The title says to the reader, "if you follow the directions in this book, you are doing God's will".
    I guess the Bible wasn't organized enough to accomplish that goal.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"Can they be preparing to accept 'apostasy' and equate internal charity with the waste-of-time

"ministry"?"

I've been wondering if they are preparing to get on the "faith based initiative" wagon myself. Gotta have some "charity" or service to offer to do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit