New OM Book replacement & Upcoming Elder School

by doinmypart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Well, it fits in with the DC theme "Godly Obedience" in 2005/2006.

• metatron
    metatron

"Doing Jehovah's Will"??

Can they be preparing to accept 'apostasy' and equate internal charity with the waste-of-time

"ministry"? I'll believe it when I see it. Countless Witnesses use the "ministry" as a means

of AVOIDING CHARITABLE RESPONSIBILITIES. Got an elderly relative you don't want to

take care of? "I have to get my time in" takes precedence everytime.

Perhaps .... just perhaps ... they could 'allow' something like this in some countries,

together with some excuse ( "we had to set up day care/a non profit home for the elderly, etc

for legal reasons") and then quietly let it spread.

anybody remember the Kingdom Service instead of Kingdom Ministry? and where that

ended up?

metatron

• proplog2
    proplog2

"Kingdom Service". That was a good one. They were a little schizo about who in the congregation were "ministers".

I remember the old INFORMANT. That would be a fitting name for the monthly news letter considering the current state of the organization. Imagine a monthly newsletter that would keep the congregation up on everyone's responsibility to meddle in other peoples lives.

• Odrade
    Odrade

well, they haven't released anything bigger than a brochure for... how long? I'm betting there won't be any more than minor adjustments in this new book, they just need the revenues that will come with 6 million publishers picking up their personal copy and "donating."

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hey! What is a Publishing Corporation suppose to do? Publish, Publish, Publish.

Dear, Dear Ones, The Governing Body,err, writing department, err, legal department, err, J.R.Brown want to distract you some more with this new book replacement, what a wonderful blessing from Jehovah, not Jesus.

Blueblades

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

This is not the first reissue they've done in the last few years. Worship the True God was just an edit of the old United in Worship book, whereas the new Theocratic Ministry School book was a complete rewrite of the old one. But in both cases the changes were primarily in style, not substance. I left before the new pioneer book came out, but I haven't heard of anything major coming from its release either.

So I'm betting it's this new release is analogous: simpler words, glossier paper, more pictures, same bullshit.

Thanks to doinmypart for posting this, however. It always drove me nuts when I was a Witness that the apostate board had all the inside scoop first.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

A brief hijacking...

Countless Witnesses use the "ministry" as a means of AVOIDING CHARITABLE RESPONSIBILITIES. Got an elderly relative you don't want to take care of? "I have to get my time in" takes precedence everytime

My mom started auxillary pioneering 2 weeks after my cancer diagnosis. I was young (37), good natured and self-supporting. Treatment took alot out of me and I was not supposed to drive and I found cooking meals to be extremely difficult. I was in active treatment for just over a year. At the time we lived just 20 minutes away. She was always too busy to even call to see how I was doing. Had to help her study take care of husband with cancer. Can you believe it?? I lived alone and had cancer and mother was too busy helping other strangers. Made me quite angry. Angry with the elders in her cong too for holding her up as an example of righteous integrity and charactor.

Again, sorry for the hijack. My venting comes in little bursts of steam sometimes...

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

THey need a new book because the old one have old light and heavy lead balloon of the failed 1914 doctrine is impregnated in it. I was reading my copy and said well i kow what book they will be throwing in the bonfires next. I am wondering if the elders will ask for them back :P when they hand you the new book lol.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

So they have a new "Organisation" book, eh??? Struth, the OM book has been so out of date for years now that it was like having to wash in mud whenevr an elder went through parrts of it with a baptism candidate. Come to think of it, for the past several years that's all the elders have been using it for - the 80 questions. Their 'rulebook' has been the Elders' Manual and even that has parts which are out of date i.e. changed by BOE letters.

Personally I look at the OM book and any replacement as so much turgid rubbish - but it'll be a best seller thanks to the cult of the WTS.

The R&F will be hanging on to every word and even there will be some trying to "read between the lines" for 'new light'. Groan!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Page 5?New Order

Page 6?for about the past half century

Page 7?Shortly after World War I?during this period Jesus Christ along with his holy angels has been separating?(WTS teaching is that this does not start until shortly after the GT starts)

Page 20?Head of the congregation in this 20 th century

Page 170?righteous New Order

It is amazing how the baptism are devoid of anything having to do with prophecy.

BTW, XQ, what pages on those 1914 generation quotes on?

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit