New OM Book replacement & Upcoming Elder School

by doinmypart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

The last one was replaced partly because of a change in "disassociation." It used to be a way of dealing with unbaptized publishers and they were treated like DF'd baptized witnesses. Now there is merely an announcement that they are no longer recognized as unbaptized publishers but people can talk to them.

I do know that they added questions to the baptism questions, giving the elders a loose page to add...on blood I think.

on page 20 they make this statement, "Jesus...serves as Head of the congregation in this 20th century."

on pages 26 and 27 they discuss the corporations, mentioning only two...I'm sure they will add the new ones

on pages 43 and 44 they will have to update Congregation Book Study Conductor to Congregation Book Study Overseer

on page 114 they will have the change the hours for an auxiliary pioneer to 50 hours/mo and regular pioneers to 70 hours/mo

on page 124 they will have to update it to the donation arrangement, "All such literature is made available at a nominal cost to the publishers, who, in turn, offer it to the public usually on a contribution basis." Then they discuss how the MS take in money, keeping an accounting of it.

If anyone can get an extra copy and can send it to me, let me know.

Blondie

• Neo
    Neo

on page 20 they make this statement, "Jesus...serves as Head of the congregation in this 20th century."

on pages 26 and 27 they discuss the corporations, mentioning only two...I'm sure they will add the new ones

on pages 43 and 44 they will have to update Congregation Book Study Conductor to Congregation Book Study Overseer

on page 114 they will have the change the hours for an auxiliary pioneer to 50 hours/mo and regular pioneers to 70 hours/mo

on page 124 they will have to update it to the donation arrangement, "All such literature is made available at a nominal cost to the publishers, who, in turn, offer it to the public usually on a contribution basis." Then they discuss how the MS take in money, keeping an accounting of it.

Right on, Blondie!

How can you remember all of this stuff?? The only change they have to make that came to my mind when I read the first post was the "adjustment" to Book Study Overseer. But the book is really old, two decades ago there was no "donation arrangement!"

BTW, when the OM book came out, they ordered the R&F to destroy the old "Organization" book (partially written by Ray Franz). What will they say now?

Neo

• blondie
    blondie

Hey, Neo, I actually went through and highlighted all the updated areas for when I have to refer to it in my reviews. I'm a quick read too.

BTW, when the OM book came out, they ordered the R&F to destroy the old "Organization" book

I don't remember that; or the WTS ever telling JWs to destroy a book. But areas vary. I still have my "Organization" book, OR in the index. If they didn't want us to keep them, why index it, eh? My quest to check older WT books started with a statement on Ankerberg's TV show saying that the book, "Way to Paradise," was ordered to be destroyed (mentioned 1925 as the end). So I checked the library at Bethel and there it was plain as day. I checked the KH library, and there it was plain as day. I checked with a couple of oldtimers and they had it in their libraries (I have one of theris today in my library).

I do remember the cross and crown pins were supposed to be turned in (melted down for the gold not destroyed like JWs tell students today to do with their idols). Even some JWs kept theirs because I see one on E-Bay from time to time.

Blondie

• willyloman
    willyloman

Don't look for the book to make any significant changes. Neither will the elders' schools, probably scheduled for Thanksgiving and Christmas weekends, make any difference.

These guys are fresh out of ideas, just going through the motions, hoping for a miracle. They'll all die soon and a new generation will be left to sort out the mess.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

I agree with all of the comments. The new book will be the biggest thing in JW land for 2005.

The new book's abbreviation/reference will be dj. It will be distributed to all baptized and unbaptized publishers.

After considering Blondie's post, I don't expect any major changes. Rather an updating of a few insignificant policies. This release is just something to excite the publishers. Last year there was a new Pioneer book released at the Pioneer Schools, and long time pioneers were invited along with the new pioneers. This got a few of the old faithful excited and talking.

As Willyloman said the Org is out of ideas. It is always the same with them.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

By contrast the two different titles suggest a slightly different slant on preaching ie, Ministry vs Jehovah's Will. Perhaps this implys something about the relatively new idea of not harvesting sheep and goats etc.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Maybe they think there is some significance to the fact that 1290 days from September 11 2001 comes on the Memorial date of March 25 2005

Daniel 12:11 "And from the time the constant feature has been removed and there has been a placing of the disgusting thing that is causing desolation there will be one thousand two hundred and ninety days."

Maybe they think there is some broader role for the organization in the immediate future.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Ooops. Correction-- I meant Memorial Date March 24 2005

You know the way those guys run the numbers they have to be aware of this coincidence.

• minimus
    minimus

The ministry is being dumped for "doing God's will".....This IS something. Instead of focusing on organizing the ministry, they are pushing the all encompassing theme of "doing God's will". And of course, ANYTHING THEY tell you to do is "God's will". Subtle but powerful, in my opinion.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Oh great... more literature. Just what we farging need.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit