Reggie White died :(

by xenawarrior 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• bavman

I'm wondering what, if any, role steroids might have played in Mr. White's passing. Although I am unaware of any allegations that Reggie White used steroids, steroid use is rampant in pro sports, especially football, and it seems quite plausible that he could have been using them. Even if he had used steroids, it doesn't necessarily follow that his death would be related to such use, but it is an interesting point to consider. Prevalent use of steroids in pro sports and the inability of the governing entities involved in such sports to stem their usage is indeed a shame. One should not have to sacrifice his/her future health to be competitive in sports.

As for Reggie White, I did not care for his comments disparaging homosexuals, but I also recognize that his comments were attributable to his religious views. Hatred of homosexuals, as well as intolerance of others is facilitated by many of the world's religions, including the Jehovah's Witnesses. It's a shame mankind is dependent on the crutch of the world's religions, instead of just accepting that understanding human origin is most likely beyond our comprehension. But rather than dwelling on negatives relating to his religious views, the man should be remembered for the positive things he did in life. He was a success both on the field and off it.

As the other post pointed out, his death is almost inconsequential when compared to the enormous tragedy caused by the recent tsunamis. However, such a comparison was not made by Xenawarrior, and it doesn't appear that she intended to in any way elevate the importance of Mr. White's death over that tragedy. But just because there are few things that can compare to the enormity of that tragedy, does that mean we shouldn't grieve if one of our associates, friends or family members died today?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I'm wondering what, if any, role steroids might have played in Mr. White's passing

From what I've read, sleep apnea played more of a role. I've not read anything that suggested he was taking steroids when he died.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit