Reggie White died :(

by xenawarrior 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Dead at the age of 43. A sad day indeed. I had the pleasure of working with Reggie and his wife Sara on several community projects when they lived in Green Bay and he was an awesome human being.

-------------------------------

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. Dec 26, 2004 ? Reggie White, one of the greatest defensive players in NFL history, died Sunday, his wife said. He was 43.

"Today our beloved husband, father and friend passed away," White's wife, Sara, said in a statement through a family pastor. "His family appreciates your thoughts and prayers as we mourn the loss of Reggie White. We want to thank you in advance for honoring our privacy."

A cause of death was not immediately known.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=360627

• blondie
    blondie

What a shock! Only 43!

Reggie White Dies Of Massive Heart AttackFormer Chattanoogan Played For UT, Packers, Eagles
    posted December 26, 2004

Reggie White, the Chattanoogan who starred for the University of Tennessee and then became a famed pro football player, has died of a massive heart attack. He was 43.

I was watching one of the major TV channels this morning and the doctor said that there are 3 major days for heart attacks,

Christmas Day

The day after Christmas Day

and New Year's Day

Eerie

A study published in the journal Circulation earlier this month found that heart attacks and heart disease-related deaths tend to peak on Christmas, the day after, and New Year's Day. Researchers at the University of California at San Diego attributed the increase of cardiac deaths to people delaying medical treatment during the holidays.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2004-12-23-holiday-heartburn_x.htm
  • kwintestal
    kwintestal

What a horrible surprise. He truely was talented.

Kwin

• flower
    flower

:(

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Very sad - and a year older than me...

• Brummie
  • xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

The "Minister of Defense"

Rest in Peace..........

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

What a terrible loss, he was one of the good guys. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

11,800 died in the Indonesian eathquake. Let's not forget that just because a ball player died on the same news day. And I mean no disrespect to Mr. White, but his reasons for notoriety are insignificant compared to the equivalent of 4.5 September 11's.

I know, I know. Guess who's not a footbal fan.

• morty
    morty

very sad indeed Xena....very young to have happen and on a hoilday as well....my prayers and thougths to the family, as I know you are a BIG fan Xenawarrio.....

Mungo, no disrespect to you either but, I do believe there was a thread started as well for the Indonesian Quake as well....I am sure others have not forgottten them as well....I think maybe Xena just wanted to express her saddness about one of her favorite teams/players...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit