Please Help the Asian Earthquake Victims!

by Sirona 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FMZ
    FMZ

BTTT

I highly recommend (to those that are open minded) reading the Monroe Institute link Sirona posted, very interesting: http://www.monroeinstitute.org/memberships/members_section/voyagers/voyages/lifeliner-earthquakeindia-moen.html

I have been reading up on the Monroe Institute for some time now, and the experiences are simply amazing. And yes, I have had similar experiences.

Either way, please keep the victims in our thoughts and prayers.

FMZ

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I am not unwilling to try this distance healing thing... Reiki(?) but in a nutshell what is it? Am I going to be fairly freaked out going to this site?? Keep in mind, the northern states are going through freezing temps and I know where I live the homeless shelters are maxed out. There are entire families that are completely homeless. For those of you who are nervous about orgs, check out local churches or even some online sites that have missionaries in these countries. (dubs aren't the only ones that send out missionaries) They might be able to help you out further. I have heard of churches getting together and sending, not only money, but blankets, toothbrushes, etc. If I see any specifics, I'll let ya know.

• bem
    bem

Thanks Sirona for the links!! lots of great info. I read lots of the info on the Quakes and a couple personal stories about the Sunami following the quakes frighteneing for the folks to live through,devastating the amount of lives lost.

Bless you sweetie, Dorothy

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Blackswan

Reiki is simply healing energy. We all can use Reiki. The only reason it has that name is because years ago a Japanese guy gave people information on it and offered to teach them how to use it (and he decided upon the name, which I think means Universal Energy or something like that).

Do what you feel comfortable with! Just a prayer is fine if that is what you're used to.

As far as local Aid, yes I agree we should focus on helping those locally. However with such a wide-scale disaster as this, we do need to put extra effort in for the weeks and months to come. This is probably the biggest disaster in recorded history and they estimate that it will near 60,000 deaths. The effects are going to be felt the world over.

To everyone:

If we all spent 5 minutes each day saying a prayer or sending Reiki, that will help (IMHO). Anyone who can offer "practical" help should do so. Just think of that bottle of wine you might drink over the holidays - or the boxes of chocolate you've been bought. How much are they worth? £10? $20? Those of us who work and who are not poor can afford such a meagre donation. Imagine if your house - your whole town - was swept away tomorrow. Imagine if you had 60% of your family wiped out within about 1/2 an hour. Imagine wondering where you would find food over the coming days and weeks, or where you might get your insulin over the next few hours if you are diabetic. Then imagine people across the globe enjoying themselves and not even caring about you, spending their money on things which are consumed but not needed for nutrition, when you might be starving?

It is easy to say that the Aid agencies cannot be trusted, because xx percent of the money goes to "admin" or unknown sources. The facts are that those Aid agencies are those peoples lifelines right now. So what if you give £20 and only £12 gets spent on the Asian people? That is £12 more than they'd have had, if you hadn't bothered to donate.

Sirona

• Sirona
  • Sirona
    Sirona

I've set up a website to accept donations:

http://www.justgiving.com/asia

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Thank you sirona. I will give the links a try.

bttt

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

If you want to donate easily to the Red Cross go to Amazon.com. On their home page they are set up for easy credit card donations--100% of it going to the red cross and this disaster.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

www.americares.org is coordinating a huge relief effort.

also , if you live in a good sized city ,many Indian places of worship , hindu temples? are working together to get relief items and money directly to families afflicted. seen that on our local news here in nashville.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Thanks Sirona for the info... the monroe institute site was a very interesting read.

Thanks to all who gave donation suggestions. I'm going to send some money to the American Red Cross to send on to the International Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit