Would You Even Bother?

by redskymedic 11 Replies latest jw friends

• redskymedic
    redskymedic

So, my JW mother passed on word to the local cong. that I was DF-ed, had just moved into the area and could use that yearly 'shepherding' phone call to see if anything has changed. I was not home at the time, my husband took the call. I am debating returning the call. With all the new info I now have under my belt, part of me thinks it would be empowering to have a discussion with an elder that didn't leave me on the defensive. The other part of me thinks I'd be better off banging my head off of the nearest wall out of frustration. I would love to hear for myself what rote answers they have to offer up. I certainly wouldn't go as far stepping into a KH or letting them into my house, but I'm wondering if a phone call would be just as bad. Any input?

Red

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'd be calling my mom and telling her to butt out lol

i dunno..calling the elders back might be courteous, asking them questions may send them straight to your mother calling you an apostate. so... use caution if you do call them back. i really dont see what you can gain by calling them back.

• freedom96
    freedom96

AS long as you know that there is no way they could convince you to go back, I would get together, and certainly give them something to think about.

• redskymedic
    redskymedic

i'd be calling my mom and telling her to butt out lol

Oh, that's the first thing I did! What's funny, she flat out denied it! Hmm, I didn't think JW's were supposed to lie . . .

• missy04
    missy04
    With all the new info I now have under my belt, part of me thinks it would be empowering to have a discussion with an elder that didn't leave me on the defensive. The other part of me thinks I'd be better off banging my head off of the nearest wall out of frustration. I would love to hear for myself what rote answers they have to offer up. I certainly wouldn't go as far stepping into a KH or letting them into my house, but I'm wondering if a phone call would be just as bad. Any input?

I would do just exactly what you feel like doing. If you get the urge to call, I would call.

~Sarah

• amen
    amen

Give the elder a call and ask him what he wanted. If you come to a discussion with him make sure to put him in a position where he has to defend himself not you to defend, ask questions. Use the same tactics the society taught us. As far as i am concerned when was I about to leave the organization one elder said if i have any question that i would like to discuss he could help me. Wooh! i told my self, for years i had preached in field service and in the congregation and i know just like the back of my hand the guy just want to teach me. Well i told him i want to discuss about the celestial hope for christians. He never got back to me. That one subject i would have spent time discussing, also i know deep im my mind that the elder has doubt himself about the subject. amen

• MungoBaobab
  • Mulan
    Mulan

I say "no". Leave it alone, or they will pester you to death.

• Gadget
  • Insomniac
    Insomniac

IMO, dealing with the elders is never worth it. You would not believe how much they hassled my mom when she left, to the point that she was actually yelling at them to leave her house. Very stressful, and not worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit