Would You Even Bother?

by redskymedic 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Your mother had no business giving ANYONE your name and address and phone number without your consent. That is an invasion of your privacy. She'll say she has your best interests at heart, but the fact is, you are an adult and have the right to require her to not interfere with your personal life in this way.

In addition, because your mother identified you to the local Elders? as a Disfellowshipped Person?, the Elders? will be making an announcement to the congregation to the effect that you - a DF'd Person? - is living in the territory and JWs will be put on notice to treat you as such if they have a casual encounter with you. This amounts to harassment.

First of all, I would have a chat with "Mom" and tell her she crossed a very serious line in passing on your private information to other people without your knowledge or consent. I'd tell her that if she ever discloses your personal information to ANYONE without your written consent again, that she will not get your contact information the next time you move.

Then I would call the Elder? back and give him the same chat, or better yet, get your husband to do it for you. Tell him that your mom gave out your personal information without your consent, and that you do not appreciate the invasion of your privacy. Tell him that you do not need their "help" and that you do not want them calling you again and that you know where to find the KH if you ever change your mind.

Next I would put a sign on my door:

NO Soliciting
    NO Peddling
    NO Preaching

Love, Scully

• redskymedic
    redskymedic

Thanks for giving me some things to think about. I am definitely going to forego the retun call and have another chat with my mother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit