Any changes in treatment of the disfellowshipped?

by fifi 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

There has been NO change in disfellowshipping policies since the 1981 Sept 1st and 15th Watchtower articles on the matter as the 2002 KM pointed out. Anyone who tells you different is full of baloney.

It used to be that only those who "carried the banner" for the DFed one cold face possible DFing. Now as MegaDude pointed out, they have tightened the reigns to include ANY who even associate with a DFed one.

As was mentioned...you'll get different opinions from various congregations even though the society has one policy.......now that's what I call unity!

Gumby

• Dansk
    Dansk

Claire, Karl and I have never been disfellowshipped, but an elder gave a marking talk (the elder I told to leave my house the day he helped Stephanie move out) which pointed directly at us! Dominic has never been baptised !

As most people here know, I've been diagnosed with cancer and am classed as being terminally ill. I've passed my first sell-by date, now I have to get past February 2005. My daughters have refused to have anything to do with us. Not even a telephone call to ask how I am. I ask you, how in God's name can this religion be Christian?

On the day my elder daughter, Jody, helped Stephanie move out of the house because they knew we were exiting (almost two years ago now), the last words Jody said before going out the door was: "I can never see you again!" True to her word, I've never seen her since!

Whether one is DFd or marked, the outcome is the same. While my door will always be open to my daughters they have yet to want to walk through it. Disfellowshipping is used ostensibly to make the "erring one" come to their senses. In reality, it is to keep other family members tied to the flock so that they will continue to make contributions and also because the society is worried that the more who leave will have a knock-on effect with others in the congregation. There is more "Christianity" in Buddhism!

Apart from my illness, I've never been happier!

Ian

• gumby
    gumby

Good morning Dansk my good friend

Dansk....words cannot describe the 'awfullness' of this religion as it rates next to David Koresh as far as alienating family and blindly following a pycho/pycho's.

It's so sad you are diagnosed as terminally ill and STILL your kids treat you this way. Can it really get any worse than that? This religion turns peoples hearts into stone.

Anyway...I wish you and family a Happy Christmas buddy.

Gumby

• Dansk
    Dansk

Gumby,

Anyway...I wish you and family a Happy Christmas buddy.

A sincere DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian & Claire

• fifi
    fifi

Well thanks everyone for responding to my thread. I'd just like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and all the best for the coming New Year.

Dansk : Sorry to learn of your illness.And for the way your daughters are treating you. I just hope that they (and all the others) will eventually open their eyes. Take Courage.

Best Wishes,

Fifi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit