What happens when the faithful and discreet slave die off?

by JustTickledPink 39 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I don't think the annointed? will die off anytime soon. That would be bad for business. That's why we sometimes see an increase in the number of memorial partakers. As long as there are a few annointed? ones to distribute spiritual nonsense at the opportune time the money will keep flowing in.

Walter

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

but that isn't going to work forever. I am talking in another 20 years or so. There will be no way to reasonably explain that.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

What does a 'reasonable explanation' have to do with anything?

• geevee
    geevee

Didnt they have some [4] replacemnets a while back...in one book I read it was mentioned an average age of 57 [?] or something like that?
    The trouble is that 1914 doctrine and all the rest of the vested authority from that date has a "use by date" and it has to be up.
    Also a rumor was heard in the colonies that one GB member has died most recently, [i dont know who] and is not being replaced.
    Some CO/DO has told an audience that the Big A can only be two years away max, because the GB/FDS are dying off rapidly. Doh! I have eyes but I can not see....

• Room 215
    Room 215

That's why I sense that the boys in Brooklyn/Patterson aren't really too upset when those Memorial Partaker numbers hold or even increase slightly yeart-to-year; it buys them time, and right now the organization's guiding precept is to hold it all together, nail down the doors, circle the wagons in the desperate hope Armageddon will ride in here at the last possible moment to save their bacon!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    circle the wagons in the desperate hope Armageddon will ride in here at the last possible moment to save their bacon!

Do you get the feeling that in their hearts "they" know it isn't true? That what they've hung their hats on all these years is an illusion? Yet they can't face the thought that they've wasted their lives and millions of other lives? They don't face up to it because they simply can't face the consequences for themselves so they continue on and on and on.....

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal
    Didnt they have some [4] replacemnets a while back...in one book I read it was mentioned an average age of 57 [?] or something like that?
    The trouble is that 1914 doctrine and all the rest of the vested authority from that date has a "use by date" and it has to be up.
    Also a rumor was heard in the colonies that one GB member has died most recently, [i dont know who] and is not being replaced.
    Some CO/DO has told an audience that the Big A can only be two years away max, because the GB/FDS are dying off rapidly. Doh! I have eyes but I can not see....

Why do they have the need to keep trying to predict Armageddon [end?] when Jesus said no one knows the day or hour?

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal
    That's why I sense that the boys in Brooklyn/Patterson aren't really too upset when those Memorial Partaker numbers hold or even increase slightly yeart-to-year; it buys them time, and right now the organization's guiding precept is to hold it all together, nail down the doors, circle the wagons in the desperate hope Armageddon will ride in here at the last possible moment to save their bacon!

But they still print articles from time to time implying that there shouldn't be anyone claiming to be of the anointed at this time.....

• IT Support
    IT Support

Perhaps they will receive new understanding of John 10:16?

"And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.

They will decree that as the "anoined" and "other sheep" are all "one flock," then the "Nethinim" can become members of the GB, just as Elijah?s cloak (or "official garment") passed to Elisha.

Regards,

Ken

• heathen
    heathen

I really don't get how they conclude that just because somebody eats a cracker and takes a sip of wine at their memorial that it makes them anointed or a member of the 144k . I think it very stupid to even bother counting . It's all a numbers game with them . IMO only the ones that die a martyrs death truly qualify . They even have a belief that the anointed are resurrected immediately after death which is also wrong , there is no resurrection until the final battle of good and evil on earth is played out and the great tribulation occurs .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit