What happens when the faithful and discreet slave die off?

by JustTickledPink 39 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Watchtower 1995 July 1st "Isreal of God and the Great Crowd"

I remember the study articles in this issue and thought at the time they must be softening us up for new light - the anointed will all be dead before Armageddon.

In the bound volume one statement stands out (It has been removed on the CDrom) I cannot now quote verbatim, but it said the "great crowd would have no reason to fear when the anointed had left the earth as Jehovah would protect them". I said to an elder at the time this could not refer to after Armageddon, as Gods people on earth would have no enemies to be protected from. He looked at me as if I were demonised and said not to "run ahead". I am sure that in the original there were other bits that could be construed as meaning before the big A. But I dont have the printed mags anymore.

• teejay
    teejay

Two words: new light.

• Mary
    Mary
    doesn't the latest Watchtower viewpoint say that there WILL be annointed still on the earth when the end comes?

Ya but they'll cross that bridge when they come to it..........I'm sure it'll involve "new light flashing up our asses"!!!

• PinTail
    PinTail

Their will be singing and dancing in the streets, and wine will flow from every street corner; look behold even my ex-wife will not be a bitch no more.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

What happens when the faithful and discreet slave die off?

More back peddling and new replacements. Or just peddling the new replacements.

Me, I prefer ...(brummie dots)... I think there is great wisdom in ...(brummie dots)... It is my great goal today to push ...(brummie dots)... on the masses, training them to (((...hug...))) and ...their ...(brummie dots)...

That and bake Solstice cookies.

-B

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

The anointed will not die off. Somehow, all those 90 and 100 year olds keep getting themselves into trouble and 'proving unfaithful'. So new anointed are popping up all the time. This process will continue until it causes major problems for the organization to have it go on any longer. And probably for about 20 or 30 years after that. Then, when the rank and file can't take any more, there will finally be "new light." Some will see it coming and will take the change in doctrine as final confirmation of what they suspected all along, that the organization is full of hooey. Those few will bail out and maybe even get a life. But the majority will just go around telling each other how wonderful it is that Jehovah's organization keeps advancing, and they will get old and die waiting for Armageddon, just like so many "final generations" before them.

• minimus
    minimus

There is no faithful & discreet slave.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I think they will find some twist in the scripture that will allow them to re-interpret the meaning of the faithful and discreet slave, or that the heavenly class is discemenating information to special ones who are of the great crowd here on earth, who coincedentally happen to reside in Brooklyn Bethel. This food at the proper time will most likely be brought forth in a three part symposium at the Distrcit Assembly 30 years from now. The title of the symposium will be "The Light Keeps Getting Brighter"

- Part One-Until You Can't Take it Anymore

-Part Two-Ummm Now this is New Light

-Part Three-Hopefully by now you've forgetten the old light.

-Doodle-V

• FairMind
    FairMind

THIS IS REALLY THE RIGHT ANSWER! They'll all be dead.

FM

• blondie
    blondie

I'm waiting for them to show that the Nethinim and "given ones" are now the new FDS. They are in all but name.

w96 7/1 p. 12 "A House of Prayer for All the Nations" ***

After 70 years a repentant Jewish remnant returned to Jerusalem and were granted the privilege of rebuilding Jehovah?s temple. Interestingly, there was a shortage of priests and Levites to serve in this second temple. As a result, Nethinim, who descended from non-Israelite temple slaves, were given greater privileges as ministers of God?s house. However, they never became the equals of the priests and the Levites.?Ezra 7:24; 8:17, 20.

w96 7/1 p. 21 The Triumph of True Worship Draws Near ***

Also, the great crowd of foreigners cherish God?s great undeserved kindness in granting them an earthly hope of everlasting life in Paradise. Some of these foreigners, like the Nethinim of old, have been given privileges of oversight in assisting the holy priesthood. (Isaiah 61:5) From among these Jesus appoints "princes in all the earth."?Psalm 45:16.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit