What happens when the faithful and discreet slave die off?

by JustTickledPink 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

blondie,

I remember hearing a talk about the Nethinim way back in the early 90's or late 80's. Basically they used the "Nethinim" Class as a way to explain how the FDS and GB will continue to exist dispite the fact that all of the annointed are dying off.

Basically the annointed in the GB and FDS will gradually be replaced by the Nethinim alloweing GB to continue to exist indefinatly.

• minimus
    minimus

No, the Nethinim were to be "helpers"---not replacements.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    No, the Nethinim were to be "helpers"---not replacements.

Tell that to the non-annointed GB members.

• minimus
    minimus

Good point!

• core
    core

there are not any non-anointed GB members.... helpers yes but not members unless they have sneaked some in...

• justhuman
    justhuman

END OF THE WT

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

One possible dilemma will present itself when the last male member of the 'remnant' dies. It is statistically very likely that there will still be 'anointed' sisters alive! What then? How will a non-anointed, 'Other Sheep' 'Governing Body' operate while members of the 144000 are still on Earth? Interesting times ahead!

Perhaps the sisters could bring in 'cake and coffee' to the GB sessions....

• heathen
    heathen

I remember hearing they believed the anointed will be around to meet the lord in the clouds like in thesolonians . They don't believe in the rapture as I have read in some publications in that they will be on the earth . They seem to be vague about it . The saints as I see it in revelation are killed by the axe for the witness they bore of jesus and enter the city of new jerusalem after being resurrected through the pearly gates while the great crowd enters through the courtyard after it descends to earth. The 4 winds of destruction are untied at some point after the last saint dies the martyrs death . The WTBTS did say in the revelation book that the city of new jerusalem doesn't actuall descend to earth . What a bunch crap from where I stand . They are so screwed up on the doctrine it's unreal .

• blondie
    blondie
    blondie,

I remember hearing a talk about the Nethinim way back in the early 90's or late 80's. Basically they used the "Nethinim" Class as a way to explain how the FDS and GB will continue to exist dispite the fact that all of the annointed are dying off.

Basically the annointed in the GB and FDS will gradually be replaced by the Nethinim alloweing GB to continue to exist indefinatly.

I probably heard the same talk, Elsewhere. And yes, min, I know the official statement of the WTS but I have seen what really happens. How many R&F know that the GB doesn't approve any elder appointments but have "delegated" that to the branch office/service desk or equivalent, all non-anointed? Not many that I knew were aware of that. Very few if any on the GB actually read and let alone write or edit the articles in the magazines or the books that are cut-and-paste monstrosities. I can imagine every Wednesday, the GB put their hands on the latest magazine edition, and say a prayer and then hand it off to be printed.

Blondie

• PinTail
    PinTail

"(Nethinim)" Where on earth do they get this Crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit