Is Islam a religion of Peace?

by Perry 108 Replies latest social current

• Perry
    Perry

http://answering-islam.org.uk/Quran/Themes/jihad_passages.html

The above link shows 164 verses in the Koran that instructs the faithful to kill infidels. In light of this, how can some still spout the mantra that this is a religion of peace and that it's only the "radical fringe" that are causing problems? Aren't they just doing what Allah told them to do?

• GeddyLee
    GeddyLee

Interesting read. Another site to check out is www.prophetofdoom.net I have a good friend who is Muslim. He couldnt defend much that he was shown there. Just that there are fanatics who take things too far. Have a look at what the quaran says about woman, and how to treat them. Quite the eye opener.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

And really couldn't the same be done with the OT - Judism?

"Kill the women and children and let your eye not show mercy..."

What is it with the ancient religions of that region?

I don't understand God.

• GeddyLee
    GeddyLee

Im not 100% sure these writings have anything to do with God. Old men with overloaded testoterone levels who decided to write a book or two.

• Perry
    Perry

Moslems are fond of saying stuff like Jesus was just another one of God's prophets but that Mohammed is superior, thus trying to equate Islam with Christianity.

Nowhere in the NT are people told to kill others because of their beliefs. Islam's phophet told believers to spread the word at the edge of the sword and kill unbelievers. Christianity's Prophet told to people to spread the word by means of peaceful demonstrations of love.

Islamists have a basis of hate as their worldview. Christians have a basis of love as their world view. They are exact opposites. The result? Well just look at western nations as opposed to middle eastern ones. Which ones prospered?

This is the little secret that nobody really wants to address. Nobody wants to just come out and tell Moslems that their religion is barbaric.

• Perry
    Perry
    Pickthall: [8.57] If thou come on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember.

Now I get it. They are terrorists because their religion tells them to fight this way.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Fundies commenting on fundies. Don't you just love it.

-

Ignored One.

• heathen
    heathen

They are a religion of monkeys .

• onacruse
    onacruse

imho, no one who has read the Koran (as have I), can possibly perceive Islam as a religion of peace.

It was, as all religions (to my knowledge), initiated by dissent, established by power, and promulgated by destruction.

The jungle lives.

• avishai
    avishai
    Fundies commenting on fundies. Don't you just love it.

Nice ad hominem attack. Good one. Really makes liberals look smart and like they have a point.

imho, no one who has read the Koran (as have I), can possibly perceive Islam as a religion of peace.

It was, as all religions (to my knowledge), initiated by dissent, established by power, and promulgated by destruction.

The jungle lives.

Bingo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit