Well it finally happened

by SheilaM 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Well here it is folks I am finally published. I found out Wed I had a Poem and a photograph published in Park Universities The Scribe. Which is cool since I don't even go there yet, it was quite and honor. Also both Thunder and I have work published in the Anthology below

Here is the full reference card for this book...

Under the TellingTree: An Anthology of Voice and Verse

by edited by Pat Berge and Nancy North, illustrated by Anne Campbell

230 pages; Perfect bound; catalogue #04-1909; ISBN 1-4120-4102-3; US$20.60, C$26.00, EUR16.90, £11.71

Your heart travels, from Prague to an African village, from Chicago and Kansas City to the small towns of memory, melding reality with imagination. A delight of story and verse, this treasure tucks into your travel bag or awaits you on your nightstand for a refreshing read!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more!
    about the book about the author catalogue info

In our busy lives, we still need time to read for fun. This anthology of short stories and verse will let you pause and see the world through new eyes. Your heart travels?from Prague to a small village in Africa, from Chicago and Kansas City to the small towns of memory. Some stories are dark and mystical, others are bright and fresh with the newness of childhood, a few are in the unsettling future.

The pieces are short enough to relish while you wait for the dinner peas to cook, or you can put up your feet and savor a collection that melds reality with imagination. This book will fit into your life, so read and escape.

Pat Berge, Director of The TellingTree Writing Workshops, has taught creative writing at Maple Woods Community College in Kansas City and fiction writing at Columbia College Chicago, where she studied the Story Workshop Method® developed by John Schultz. Pat co-sponsors Creative Writers at Play, a writing group for Maple Woods students and the surrounding community.

Nancy North, Edits Frontline, a bi-monthly union newspaper with a circulation of 13,000. In addition, she teaches writing at Oakton Community College in the Lifelong Learning Department. Nancy's short story, "Catalogs," was published in Emergence. Nancy and Pat studied together toward their Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing at Columbia College in Chicago.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Congratulations!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

"a star has born"

congratulations - you must be very proud yet.

Branda

• Golf
    Golf

Good for you. A great feeling of no longer holding your breath. 230 pages? Hmmmmm.

Guest77

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey congrats Sheila! I'm so happy for you. Between you and Chris, you'll have your own private library!!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Congrats - but this doesn't mean I have to read poetry right?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yaaay! That's wonderful!

• Bryan
    Bryan

!!Congratulations!!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yeah for you!!!! That is so great! It's such a huge step to send a book to a publisher or to even let someone read it you really have to put "your heart on your sleave"... I hope it does well and all your reviews are positive!

• Dansk
    Dansk

!!WELL DONE, SHEILA!!

And here's to more success!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit