Somebody- Please Help Me UNDERSTAND?

by upside/down 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You would never advocate that anyone "choose death over life", but you will spout off inaccurate, irresponsible, Jehovah's Witness inspired BULLSHIT propoganda, that, if someone took it to heart, might well cost them their life, Upside/down.

I'll remind the forum and you, these are your words:

"You know this is another subject I don't really understand. Blood. What's the big deal! I went through a very traumatic event when my son was 2 that put me through the whole debate of blood- he was in a BAD accident. To be honest I've worked for a lot of doctors and I'm hard pressed to find one that doesn't agree with the Dub's from a MEDICAL standpoint. I would never want blood, not due to a antiquated religious requirement but strictly from a SANITARY viewpoint. Get over it! There are NUMEROUS alternatives to blood and they are readily availble even more so than blood itself! It cannot be said with any certainty that ANY individual died for not taking blood, that's absurd. Then do I get a guarantee if I take blood- on the contrary they make you sign a waiver that blood is a dangerous substance."

While I'm VERY glad that your son's outcome was positive, his case does not change the (very well established) course of medical history. And if indeed doctors by and large agreed with the JW position on the safety and eficacy (or lack thereof) of blood therapy, I'd be able to find articles in medical journals stating just that. I can't. For that matter I'd be able to find Doctors enthusiastic support for the JW position in the pages of the WT, but other than an odd, out of context quote here or there, I can't.

If indeed "There are NUMEROUS alternatives to blood and they are readily availble even more so than blood itself!" I would know about it, and be able to find numerous articles in medical journals and even in the mainstream news outlets such as Reuters or BBC. I don't find any such thing. And again, the WT and Awake magazines would have specific references to them, their eficacy, and their advantages over blood. They don't.

As for absurd, it doesn't get any more absurd than this statement: It cannot be said with any certainty that ANY individual died for not taking blood. This EVIL propoganda is ONLY spread by Jehovah's Witnesses and people who have fallen for their mythmaking. It's a JW urban legend, except rather than merely switching your cell phone off at a gas pump because you believe this urban legend, the duped legend believer stubbornly holds to a lie that could cost them their life if they need a blood transfusion.

We may have gotten off on the wrong foot upside/down. I'm sure you're a friendly person as you say. You are advocating deadly beliefs in this thread however. Not to browbeat you, but just as a personal "checkup", go take a look at the link Chappy posted, and ask yourself why you would see it as validating your position? It will be a great day when there is truly a good alternative to blood transfusion, and that day is coming, but it is not here yet and it is dangerous for anyone to think that it is.

• upside/down
    upside/down

6of9 Again I say PEACE!

p.s.- Apparently the urban legend you mention is alive and well in Colorado (and our government is really full of dumbsh*ts too) as the gas stations here have printed on every newer pump not to use your cell phone or even to get back into your car as the danger of static shock starting an explosion is VERY REAL. Maybe the air is different way high here in the Rockies- I don't know. I gonna have to slap my momma the next time I see her raising such a dim whit.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Your comment makes my point very well. The devil is in the details as they say, but I think if you're honest, you won't state that it is ok to be flippant (or even just *wrong*) about details that are matters of life and death.

The cell phone portion has been debunked, while the "static electricity" part is observably valid (even if actual fires from static electricity at the pump are exceedingly rare). But comparing this to the blood beliefs of JW's, we are comparing the action of being a bit more cautious than we'd have to be in the case of the gas pump, and being recklessly uninformed about a life or death matter, in the case of blood safety.

As for the dimness of your wit, I'm not really accusing you of that, we all believed this stuff at one time. A very few still do in the face of plenty of medical research and information availeable that says otherwise. I do think that they are dim wits. PEACE to you too upside/down (but peace is for the living).

• upside/down
    upside/down

Agreed.

Now that wasn't so hard was it :)

Thanks! & Peace!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    I think I've figured it out- the JWs are nothing more than a modern version of the old Jewish nation (Pharisees and all!). Show me where they don't parallel each other.

Yes, there is much gnat straining and camel gulping going on there.

I believe the WT Organization has some corruption going on in its upper levels (and some slick lawyers too). The organization has been divided and reorganized in the past few years, which appears to be a move to secure their finances in protection of the WT not losing anything over the many lawsuits involving child molesting and other practices that have caused their members harm (the blood doctrine). It's hard to take a neutral stand towards the WT Org when so many have been injured by it and continue to suffer under its regime. It appears that the WT Org is way more concerned with protecting its assets than its members. This is what makes them irreprehesible to me (a word used much by the WT). With all of that I feel sorry for the individual members who are still trapped in there by an Organization that plays on their fears and insecurities. Personally I am here because I want to see this Organization exposed in order to prevent any more victims from joining up or to help others who would like to see their way out. Many I am sounding a bit radical here, but I have personally experienced a lot of pain under the WT rulership and many others have too. I am not though a foaming at the mouth opposer. I quietly leave those alone who are "happy" with their WT Organization religion.

cybs

• upside/down
    upside/down

Amen, sista

• OUT and about
    OUT and about

What has not yet been mentioned is the parallel my twisted mind occasionally draws between how I feel the Society operates, and their poignantly derrided "Christiandom" and false religion that will overtake the earth at Armageddon (sorry I have been out for so long I have forgotten the phrase they use for this. Anyway, it's my contention that the majority of Witnesses are earnest, well intentioned ones (or at least start out that way). Rather than propagate conspiracy theories, I just laugh at the irony of the fact that they are being mislead by something all too similar to the System they are warning about. Talk about not seeing the forest between the trees! Does this mean I think the GB is being led by a sinister force? I haven't formed an oppinion on that yet (would an agnostic's oppinion matter anyway?). Anyway, think about it. I find it compelling.

Regards,

Will

• observador
    observador

Out and About, you have a PM.

...and welcome to the forum!

Observador.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit