Do you like cats?

by ozziepost 39 Replies latest social current

• Mulan
    Mulan

Well, I love animals, especially cats. We've had several since we got married 42 years ago. We got two in 1985, the same day, different litters. One died in '97 and the other just last year. They were old and very loved.

We also have a dog, that was our youngest son's dog that he got as a puppy when he was about 11. Why don't they take their animals when they get married and leave home? The dog is now 14 and pretty old and going blind. She is a very sweet dog, and we love her, but not in the house.

I do not let my dog in the house................EVER. Dogs smell, and get hair all over the place. Yuck. When there are fireworks or thunder and lightning storms, we fix her a bed in the garage. If the weather gets too frigid, we do the same. She has a really nice dog house , and likes it there. She is half Husky, so the cold really doesn't bother her. One year, we thought she was dead, laying in the snow, with frozen snow all over her back. We called her name, and she jumped right up, ready to play.

We like to travel, and have decided no more pets, to try and farm out or get someone to come over and feed them while we are gone.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I am only fond of my daughter's cats Fido & Jinxy.

Helas, I have 3 dogs myself and they HATE cats - every time they see an example on the street, I am in big trouble for 85 kg is willing and trying to hunt it down, while I am on the other end of the roapes

bark - bark - bark

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Okay, so what's a "Green" Olympics supposed to be? From what I saw in Beijing over the summer (tons and tons of construction for the Olympic Games), it didn't look all that green to me....

• Princess
    Princess
    Can I have a cookie if I wipe the booger on Steve instead?

Nope, I still might get some on me. Wipe it on Ross and we'll talk.

Dogs are yucky.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I don't mind cats! I prefer dogs because they are stupid and they love you for who you are.

Cats on the other hand think everything you do all day is for them and they stare at you.

Brooke WI

• franklin J
    franklin J

I have one of each, ( actually my kids have one of each---my wife and I take care of them!)

I like-prefer- dogs; but will admit that the cats are smarter.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I love animals we have 4 cats and when we get a house we plan on getting a dog. I think animals fulfill your life and are so much fun to have a around. I went through 5 years of allergy shots just so I could have animals. I can't imagine living my life without them. I think it is disgusting how they treat animals in China.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Cats are the best !!!! affectionate, smart and no trouble.

I'd wouldn't have a dog, too stupid, too smelly and too much drool Some of them are cute to look at though.

• Preston
    Preston

I'm a cat lover. They are so much easier to be with than people, and I prefer the english shorthair, the blue russian and the ... maine coon cat.

• Princess
    Princess

I agree that cats are smart.

I got so sick of my cat pretending he wanted in but refusing to walk through the door. I let him sit and stare at the door for over two hours. He hasn't hesitated since. ( I also accidentally pinched his tail in the door the other day...made him faster )

He has no respect for the presents under the tree though. He loves to hide under the tree and walks over whatever is in his way to get there. I tried leaving him an opening but it was quickly filled and he didn't care anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit