The way to get the jw's goat!

by gypsywildone 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jwbot
    jwbot

"Every one of you that becomes happy & successful in whatever you do, is another little kick in the pants. Every one of our kids that turns out phenomenol is something they can't ignore, or explain away! Every smiling, reasonable picketer dispels the picture of a "bitter apostate"." This is so true, it took a lot for my mom to admit that she felt I was going to be successful because of my education and my feelings...but I was not a JW...it took a lot for her to get past that (and she is still not past it) but she has to admit that I am a good person.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Up until a few months ago, I was a regular poster on a few JW/XJW discussion boards. Now I don't have the time nor the inclination, other than this board. My computer is still giving me problems, and after I had been offline for a while, I didn't see the need to constantly "point out" WTS errors any more! It just felt like a waste of time and effort-and there were SO many other things I could be doing and things I could be enjoying!

But for the five or so years that I *was* on those various boards-I used to be somewhat amused at the JW defenders that were SO quick to tell me that I "couldn't or wouldn't live up to Jehovah's standards" and that I "went back to a debauched life" nonsense.

I was quick to tell them that I was past the 60 year mark and do nothing "different" from what I did as a JW---except for the horrible rat race I was knocking myself out for---and more recently, quietly celebrating the holidays.

I was quick to remind them that my life is still as fulfilling and rewarding, even in more ways than when I was trying to play "Beat The Clock" by "doing more", and that I honestly feel that I have a better relationship with the Savior than I ever had as a JW.

Annie

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

"Live well. It is the greatest revenge." - The Talmud

Walter

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

The JW's drink and party more than I do. I know this for a fact because I used to be one!

Of couse they do redchillipepper, they are unhappy. They are repressed, stressed out & aren't even allowed to admit it! What happy, well adjusted person sits around getting drunk or goes & gets shit faced every chance they get. Congrats on your son, that is awesome!I

I used to be somewhat amused at the JW defenders that were SO quick to tell me that I "couldn't or wouldn't live up to Jehovah's standards" and that I "went back to a debauched life" nonsense.

I was quick to tell them that I was past the 60 year mark and do nothing "different" from what I did as a JW---except for the horrible rat race I was knocking myself out for---and more recently, quietly celebrating the holidays.

I was quick to remind them that my life is still as fulfilling and rewarding, even in more ways than when I was trying to play "Beat The Clock" by "doing more", and that I honestly feel that I have a better relationship with the Savior than I ever had as a JW.

JWBot, my mother & grandmother were waiting with impatient & bated breath, for me to fulfil their dire predictions! Because I didn't "return to". Hell, I was only there 2 and a half years, & I was forced! They were trying at the time to tell me I didn't need college, etc. & all kinds of nonsensical drivel. But they were there waiting & watching for me to fail. I never did hear the explaination for WHY I didn't fail. I didn't care to listen to any more of their dire predictions. The most my mother could ever muster after that was "you KNOW it's the one, true religion".

The old jw lady I take food to, the most criticism she can come up with is "materialistic". If no other unhappiness befalls someone that leaves, then they left for "materialistic reasons". They are now "spiritually weak & materialistic".

They can explain it away like this, they can PRETEND, but they have eyes & ears & they really KNOW the score, even if they won't admit it. They can only indulge in self delusion for so long. They spout the party line, but I know it gets most of their goats.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

We live our lives for ourselves, and cherish our friends that we have. We have no contact with any JW's, and we don't intend to..... But we aren't living our lives to prove anyone wrong. JW's prove themselves wrong everyday without my help....by what they print in their publications, their ridiculous doctrines, and how they treat individuals who aren't JW's. - Jimbob

That is so true. I makes no difference really, they are unhappy and always will be.

I have already succeeded and am happy. That was my goal. So everything is peachy. My mother never approved of me and never will, never will admit that either one of her kids turned out right. So that's her loss, as for me I am MOVING ON UP, MOVING ON OUT!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    We live our lives for ourselves, and cherish our friends that we have.

That's our motto too, jimbob.

But, if it confuses them, all the better.

I look at all my former women friends, who are JW's and by far, most of them have lives that are a mess, with estranged children, who are not witnesses anymore, or are a big disappointment because they "don't take the truth seriously" or didn't want to pioneer, or whatever. Their marriages are not good and they are basically unhappy. I hope they see me, and hear about my four successful children, and our happy lives, and wonder "how can this be", since we left Jehovah and all.

• seedy3
    seedy3
    Every one of you that becomes happy & successful in whatever you do, is another little kick in the pants. Every one of our kids that turns out phenomenol is something they can't ignore, or explain away!

Yes they can, "it is Satan blessing them for going against Jehovah". Funny how Jehovah doesn't bless them in the same manner.

Seedy

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Seedy! My old sweetie Seedy

Well, they can spout the party line for public consumption, but inside they KNOW Seedy, they KNOW!

I hope they see me, and hear about my four successful children, and our happy lives, and wonder "how can this be", since we left Jehovah and all.

True Mulan, people like you & your family prove them wrong.

I'm talking about all the people with relatives still in that are trying to reach their relatives. Leading by example.

• Swan
    Swan

I agree with:

"you're damned if you do..damned if you don't."

I don't smoke, I drink less than my JW family members, and I don't do drugs. I have never even tried them.

But they would just find something else to point to.

"Oooough! How could you celebrate Christmas! Your house is covered in pagan lights!"

You can't win until they start seeing the flaws in their own life and religion realistically. It's as Jesus said (and yes, I still believe in the wisdom of some of his teachings) in the Sermon on the Mount, you're being a hypocrite if you don't remove the rafter in your own eye first.

So if you can't win, just live a balanced life for your own good, i.e. the way that benefits you in body, mind, and spirit; and if they come around, then that's good too.

Tammy

• dorothy
    dorothy

"The best revenge is living well" , as the old adage goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit