The way to get the jw's goat!

by gypsywildone 22 Replies latest jw friends

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

The way to stick it to the borg is not self defeating behaviors. It's not smoking a cigarette, & saying "nah,nah,nah look at me". It is not putting yourself at risk in risky sexual acting out. It is not getting drunk, just because you can. These are things the jws LOVE! They love to point at everyone doing these things as proof of their "prophecy" involving anyone who leaves their fold. Remember?

Every one of you that becomes happy & successful in whatever you do, is another little kick in the pants. Every one of our kids that turns out phenomenol is something they can't ignore, or explain away! Every smiling, reasonable picketer dispels the picture of a "bitter apostate".

Every one of our kids that gets educated, while their kids are unofficially discouraged from education & achievement, is more proof of their false predictions. Every person that is out, but does not develop a substance abuse problem or addiction, proves them wrong! Every happy marriage that does not have a woman "in subjection", but has equal partners is a slap to their faces.

They can call us "materialistic", "spiritually weak", predict 7 times 7 bad fortune, or whatever the spew was, but each success, & good life proves them wrong . Hold your head high folks, do some good, let your lifestyle & the lives of your family become a "witness" to them!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    It is not putting yourself at risk in risky sexual acting out.

it's not? dang!

let your lifestyle & the lives of your family become a "witness" to them!

actually, i'm done living my life to please the jehoovies...they can all sod off...

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Well, there are people on here who want their family out. Some want validation from their family. Some want to go argue with them. Some even want to invade their kingdom halls!

What better way is there to prove them wrong? What better way is there, while they are stuck in a rut & running the watchtower treadmil? While so many of their young are cracking from the unreal pressure & getting df'ed. I'm not saying live your life FOR them, I'm saying prove them WRONG

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

oh. i didn't think of all that. sorree..

Some even want to invade their kingdom halls!

i'd wanna do that if they had my kid. i'd wear some cammies and pack some heat.

of all the exclusive, elitist religions, theirs is one of the worst offenders... and rising above it all and moving on is the best "revenge".

• jimbob
    jimbob

While I wish this was the case, to live a good life and prove them wrong, however, IMHO...they will never think this way. Let me explain why....

After shortly leaving dubland...I had a conversation with my mother, who is a JW. (and will be to the bitter end). I explained to her that in the eyes of JW's that know me and my wife, it doesn't matter to them what we do in life. They will always view us as in Satan's world and that we made a huge mistake. If our lives turn out wonderful, successful and happy, then they just attribute it to our pursuing ungodly things in the world. (a big no-no by the Society)

On the flip side, if we do drugs, get divorced and live on the street, they again attribute it to pursuing ungodly things and that we've now reaped what we've sown. And I know this is true, because all of us before leaving felt this way about others who left the org before us. If someone left and was happy and successful, they were going contrary to what the Society said. If their lives ended up in the gutter, then it justified their belief system. So you were damned-if-you-do and damned-if-you-don't. My mother tended to agree with me on this. (which surprised me)

My wife and I have been out for 2 years now, and had this conversation a few times. What we've started to learn now, is not to live our lives in trying to prove JW's wrong. We live our lives for ourselves, and cherish our friends that we have. We have no contact with any JW's, and we don't intend to. If a JW who knew us happens to hear about us and that we're doing just fine and starts to question their own beliefs...then that's great. But we aren't living our lives to prove anyone wrong. JW's prove themselves wrong everyday without my help....by what they print in their publications, their ridiculous doctrines, and how they treat individuals who aren't JW's.

I do see the point you are trying to make, gypsywildone. I'm not trying to say it won't happen...but I think the odds are against it. Just live and love life, and the rest falls into place. No guilt and no regrets....

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Gypsy, you rock. I completely agree with you, it's so much more effective if we go on to lead normal, happy, productive lives, than to spend the rest of our lives acting like drunken frat boys just because we can. On occasion I still run into old friends of mine from the hall (I consider them friends because they still go out of their way to say hi to me and be nice). It always feels good, when they ask how things are, to be able to truthfully say that I'm happy and life is good.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Just live and love life, and the rest falls into place. No guilt and no regrets....

I'm there babe, I'm there!

But I have run into an active jw I used to know that couldn't understand why her kid was the class clown & my kid was doing so good, & she as much as said so to me several times. They moved to florida now, & I lost trck of them.

Another old friend, same thing. This one I thought was a real friend of mine at the time, we are still in touch via email at times. She can't understand why her daughter is irresponsible, out getting arrested & my kid is in her 3rd year of college. This particular friend & me used to drink Boone's Farm at 15 & dream of the day when we could get away. but she did not get away. She returned when her kid was about 8 years old & that kid has recently told me she HATED the jws & her time there.

I still cook food for an old jw lady & she loves to make comments on those that "left the truth & are now living like an alley cat". Asinine statements, to be sure. But it is the way they think. They just delight when someone gets out of the cult & wastes their lives acting stupid & making a mess of things! They WAIT for it!

My grandmother & mother shook their heads & held their breath after she kicked me out as soon as I was legal at age 18 for refusing years earlier to go to any more of those meetings. I landed in one of the worst neighborhoods in Arizona,. while they just waited for me to fail, or for something bad to happen to me. Instead, I put myself through college. while they were still going around saying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling".

I really think they absolutely cringe when they come across an xjw that is happy & productive. Living well really IS the best revenge

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I have to say that I totally agree. My son is on the honor role. My Mom kept saying that he was getting bad grades and not doing his chores because we weren't going to meetings and that he wasn't getting the scriptural guidance from the bible. Well I made sure that my son called his Grandma to tell her about his high honour role status. Not low honour role, but high. I got a letter in the mail and everything. I am one proud Mom. He is a fine young man and we haven't been to meetings for quite some time now. I am not acting out. I am not partying. I am being respectful, and living my life, day to day. The JW's drink and party more than I do. I know this for a fact because I used to be one! They drink and party alot. Just recently a freind of mines daughter was telling me about a party that she went to. The girls had a snake sliding through their legs. Yes, a snake. I said, isn't that kind of bad behavior girls. They acted all innocent and not knowing. Well they knew exactly what they were doing. " Ew, the snake, its going to bite me, get it out from between my legs". I was baffled. I said " Do you think you should be behaving like this in front of boys, what do you think they are thinking"? The girls were laughing, thinking it was funny. JW girls, me not going to meetings, thinking, what the heck is this org. coming to. I have never acted like that as a "Worldly Girl" ever. I seriously couldn't believe it. It was a real eye opener to me. I certainly don't feel bad about anyway that I'm behaving. There's alot that goes on behind closed doors that the Elders sure don't know about. I heard it all in one weekend and said to myself " I am done with this crap ". Talk about hypocrites. There was alot more that I can't even type. It's just not right! I'm not a prude, I just don't believe in living a double life. I never did that ever! Either your in or you out! None of this in between stuff. How can they believe that they are JW's and live with themselves!

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

I agree with the comment about, "you're damned if you do..damned if you don't."

For those of us that did all that naughty stuff after getting out or, perhaps before...it takes what it takes. At least we're now being open to all of life, not hiding behind some pycho god that practices genocide upon the non-believer.

Besides, there is imo absolutely no guarantee from any belief system that will keep us all 'safe' from the things that exist in the world.

Live life good for yourself because that is what we were denied. Screw JW's and their phoney, hypocritical ways.

gl

• Undecided
    Undecided

I agree with Linda,

Besides, there is imo absolutely no guarantee from any belief system that will keep us all 'safe' from the things that exist in the world.

Live life good for yourself because that is what we were denied. Screw JW's and their phoney, hypocritical ways.

Humans will be humans, we are a screwed up species. There are so many influences in this world that can cause weird behavior, not just JWs, that it makes me wonder just what the future will be for the human race.

I guess to be happy we can just find a few good friends, hope the family makes it OK, try to keep our sanity (whatever that is) enjoy whatever you can in life and forget the things that bug us.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit