would you go back if...

by what_Truth? 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

what_Truth?,

This church is almost exactly the same as the Jehovah's Witneses except for a few major changes

Nope, sorry, you've already lost me.

GentlyFeral

• junebaby
    junebaby

NEVER! Why would I want to re-live a nightmare? Once was enough!

• upside/down
    upside/down

I'm a "first-timer"- so please be gentle (or at least use lube)

But if it's even possible to try and look at the Bible's message without any preconcieved notions that we've been fed, but truly read it as if we've been lost on a desert island our whole life, what would we come away with. Perhaps that's too big of a task, so lets narrow it down to just the teachings of Jesus. What would you think?

Wasn't his "message" a simple one (large in scope, yet simple). Didn't he preach to the common people without the need for "middle management" interpreters to re-explain what he was saying? It kind of reminds me of math, most of us understand basic math and use it to function in life, but only a few of us know or even want to know or comprehend advanced math which helps mankind accomplish many great things, but isn't necessary for normal daily life.

Would you come up with anything that even resembles ANY religion we see today? I doubt it. What was all the people before Abraham's "religion"? For that matter what was Abraham's religion? How did he "serve" God on a daily basis? How did Moses "serve" God on a daily basis while in exhile, married to a "foreign" wife? How did Joseph "serve" God while in prison and then later with his "foreign" family and "foreign" lifestyle and customs? I'm sure they didn't go to "meetings" and count perfunctory "time" in order to please God. They lived "normal" lives with varied customs all the while somehow remaining "favorable" in God's sight- HOW? They didn't have religious managers dictating to them how to be at every curve life threw ath them. Yet it is their example that is written down as worthy of imitation? Wow am I puzzled!

Jesus preached the "good news of God's kingdom", as I've read. Yet I've never read that he preached the good news that we shouldn't celbrate the "holidays", or the good news that we don't take blood transfusions etc. Yet these seem to be th focus.

Intellectual exercises aside- I know that Jesus said the identifying "mark" of his followers (not his religion) would be LOVE, and yet after almost 20 years as an active and "in-good-standing-witness" I have to be honest and say IT IS NOT TO BE FOUND AT THE KINGDOM HALL OR IN THE "ORGANIZATION". It is every bit as corrupt as the "Babylon the Great" that she is always warning about- HMMM could they (and all organized-man run-religion) be one and the same?

Just thinking OUT LOUD!

• nilfun
    nilfun

hmmm.... that's a toughie. Would I be allowed to handle the microphones?

• PinTail
    PinTail

I would much rather form my own church, heck why should they get all the money.

Shane

• redskymedic
    redskymedic

Not under any circumstances. I guess I'm a bit jaded over being lied to for so many years.

• dh
    dh

hell no, but i might jack him for a few mil.

• formerout
    formerout

No way in hell...... no pun intended!

Upside/down said:

It is every bit as corrupt as the "Babylon the Great" that she is always warning about- HMMM could they (and all organized-man run-religion) be one and the same?

They are even more corrupt than those they condemn.

Besides, I already started my own religion and I have limited the membership to one. I don't want to be reponsible for any of the atrocities that JW's have created.

Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit