would you go back if...

by what_Truth? 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

a member of the GB splits breaks away and takes a few billion with him. He decideds to found his own church. This church is almost exactly the same as the Jehovah's Witneses except for a few major changes
    1) Disfellowshipping and shunning are completely done away with (reproving is not though) 2) any policy against blood transfusions is also done away with 3) Armageddon now has no set date or time frame but is sometime in the unknown future, similar to the way the rapture is viewed in many Christian churches 4)field service is still manditory but hours and placements are no longer counted 5) The bad association policies are lessened so that it's now okay to have worldly friends, join school teams, etc. 6) birthdays are ok 7) non political community services, such as soup kitchens, litter pick up, neighborhood watch, and canned food drives are strongly encouraged 8) higher education is allowed 9) JW's can take each other to court 10) the existing dress code is still encouraged but not enforced except for preaching and field service

would you join this church? Could it work? Will it happen?

• shamus
    shamus

No.

Religion is a snare and a racket. The Watchtower is living proof of this theory that they brought forward. I can't understand how religion uses selective reasoning to justify that one must belong to they're church in order to gain salvation. It does make for great donations, though.

Remember when the apostles wanted to stone to death the one 'blasphemer', and Jesus told them to leave him alone, because anyone who was not against them was for them? Guess religion forgot about that scripture.

• gotout
    gotout

You mean, live a normal life and still worship God? Sure, why not. It would be good to congregate with people who felt the same as me. That is why I visit with people on this board. This is my church, you are my fellow friends.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

If i wouldnt have to go to 5 meetings a week... maybe.

still wouldnt go door to door though.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Hhhhhhmmmmm.... how can I say this delicately........

Let me as you a question which, to me, in my opinion (and I realize not everyone will share my opinion) is equivalent to this question:

Would you go back to believing in Santa Claus and the Elves if....

~Quotes, of the "there is no baby in that bathwater" class

• franklin J
    franklin J

Would I ever go back? To Jehovahs Witnesses? No, NO, NO and NO, not under ANY circumstances

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Ummmm....let me see.....go back to a place where gossip is king and you can't trust any of your so called friends...go back to being treated as though I don't have a brain...and have to swallow whatever they teach without question....go back to a business that is masquerading as a religion....one that is responsible for destroying more lives and families than I care to count.... go back to a cult that demanded all my time and my allegiance and held out false promises in return.... go back to a life in which nothing is normal...

No matter what you did to try to change it, the attitudes would still be there. It is not worth saving in any form.

Ummm....let me see.... would I go back to a modified version of the borg? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coffee

• jgnat
    jgnat

What's the hook? Reform all the bad stuff, and all you are left with is a club with no mandate. If a breakaway did happen, I predict that such an anaemic group would quickly split and evaporate. It is more likely that a hardliner breakaway group would remain cohesive and united.

By the way, the breakaway group would only take a million or so, unless you are talking money.

• Silver
    Silver

No, I would'nt go back. What if I went back and the Governing Body decided to return to its former practice of disfellowshiping and shunning again? It has been known to change its mind over and over again, you know!!! To experience the abuse again a second time? No thanks!

Silver

• Mystery
    Mystery

NO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit