How rebellious did you get after leaving?

by JH 38 Replies latest jw friends

• karategirl
    karategirl

I never did anything while I was still in. In fact followed the rules very closely. When I finally left my mother had died and I was finally free from my abusive stepfather. Bad combination for self-destruction.

Got in with a bad crowd and was drinking it up, smokin' weed, cigarrettes, very explorative sexually. Never became a criminal or did hard core drugs and after a short time of the wild life, got married.

Took me awhile to get angry at the org and realize it wasn't the truth so things like voting and community work and college came later.

Now I lead a very good life and take care of myself well. Have positive goals and outlook on life. Currently on a spiritual journey and exploration which is what led me here.

• pluginbaby
    pluginbaby

leeds festival 2003 rock festival, I went to Download 2004 festival, the best Metal/rock music festival, i've join the rock music society, then of course i'm a goth. fave bands, slipknot, deftones, funeral for a friend, the killers, system of a down, the distillers...learning to play a guitar...i'm in a rock band...i love to drink...went drunkard ice-skating with my mates last night...tried weed, ciggies(i want to give that up though), lots of sex...swearing, even though i did anyway, and i've now got my ears peirced 8 times and i'm planning to get my belly button done

just bear in mind i didn't do this in one week...

• blondie
  • Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

no rebellion at all: I did'nt left at a particular moment.

After the dead of my mother, I did'nt like to go to the Hall (she was the one who always WANTED to go) and after a few weeks of no going, I loved my extra FREE time, besides: Viv was arguing a lot with me over the borg - showing me this forum: There was no chance that I was'nt infected by her. So I simply stopped going.

Since then: I have bought a few lottery tickets - but I think that that is my only "sin" and lost my belief in the JW Org. as far as the witnesses are concerned.

and ofcourse, I am celebrating Christmas, exchanging cards (but I did that even when I was a dub) so I was no good at all......

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Grew my hair really, really long. Grew a beard. Got an earring. Bought a shirt that read FREE BREATHALYZER TEST -- BLOW HERE with an arrow pointing to my crotch. Showed up at my judicial hearing looking like that.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I'm thinking of growing a beard too! I'm really tired of shaving! It's alot of work being a woman! I think a beard on a woman would be sexy. More of me to rub! LOL I think that would definately stop those JW's from calling on me!EH!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    I never have been the type to do things just to be rebellious.
    After I faded away, I just did what I wanted to, without any guilt.

ditto. (and very eloquently said, i might add)

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Sorry guys I screwed up and posted the beard thing twice. A bit of overkill there. WOOPSIE DAYSIE!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

TresHappy has always been rebellious, however she became Tres Rebellious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit