How rebellious did you get after leaving?

by JH 38 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

After leaving a controlling sect, it?s normal to want to live ?freedom?. What did you do to show that you were no longer under the influence of the Watchtower? Did you grow a beard, start having sex with whoever, start drinking, start gambling?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Yes

Kwin

• JH
    JH

I just love letting my whiskers grow and then meeting a witness at the market

• Pole
    Pole

I commit spiritual adultery on a daily basis.

Pole

• avishai
    avishai

Grew my hair long. The dumbest thing i did to "show everyone that I was no longer a dub" was take up smoking. It's effective, yet stupid.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

Sex (no elaboration sorry lol), drinking, smoking occasional things hehe, cussing - basically enjoying life. Sometimes I catch myself with residual guilt, but it's fading. Old dub morals die hard.

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

Serious partying!

Hairy buffalo parties, gallons of Bacardi and JD, smoke weed, acid, shrooms, strip clubs, rock concerts, smoke cigs,....you name it. There wasn't a whole heck of a lot that I didn't try once. Good thing I grew up....probably be dead if I hadn't.

• under74
    under74

I rebelled before I left...

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Not at all - they all think I am going back soon!

I am thinking of growing a beard - though I did grow one once on holiday and come back and take the Ministry School and a few meeting parts for a week or two after. It didn't go down too well amounst the 'right wingers'.

Eyeslice

• blondie
    blondie

No beard--physically incapable

No smoking--not a JW decision...a health decision....mine and others

Gambling--boring

Married and happy---no desire to cheat on my spouse to "prove a point"

Serious partying--don't enjoy hangovers--alcoholic family dynamic

Rather than choosing to do just the opposite of what the WTS taught, I try to make each change a personal choice with knowledge of how it affects me and others. I would hate to think that I changed from doing everything because the WTS said to to doing nothing the WTS said just because they said to.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit