If God did have a new system..would you want to be there?

by happehanna 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• happehanna
    happehanna

frankie I agree a nice happy go lucky type of God would be ok ...............yeah but alas the god JW's have is far from that.

Brummie That carrot has been dangled for so long that it has shriveled for me.

Thinking about whether the former things would come to mind.........I was promised that if I left 'the truth' I would be in spiritual darkness, I was looking forward to it actually.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Not the JW version of paradise...because in their version only JW's are going to be there...

My gambling granny's idea of Paradise:

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Well, imagine this - you could sign up for the first 1000 years and do what ever you wanted to do and not die. You could kill your enemy every day for 1000 years. You could go parachuting and not wear a parachute. Mountain climbing - no gear. Rollerblading - no pads. Dive to the depths of the ocean and then pop right back up - no problem. Jump off of a cliff and enjoy the fall and not die. So, Yeah - it would be like totally awesome!!!! Besides...I love fruit!!!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The CONCEPT of living in a safe and crime-free world is what attracted me when I "studied", and that idea still sounds great to me.

If my reward was to have been LIVING FOREVER with only judgemental JWs who had the same tendencies as a whole lot of them do---I'd rather be peacefully GONE!

Annie

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

whatever God wants from us is a mystery.. too many variants but yes if he made it clear what he wants and provided a new system i'd want to be there.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

A JW version of God's New System?

No thanks, I can just bang my head against a brick wall today for free

• willyloman
    willyloman

I think the only really honest answer to this question for almost everyone here is, Yes, at least for those who became JWs (as opposed to being born into it). After all, isn't that why we "came in the truth"?

The new system I was interested in was the one where men and women grew to reach their emotional, physical and intellectual peak and then stayed at that level for a very long time.

The prospect of learning, growing, developing unlimited hobbies and interests and cultivating them long enough to understand everything there was to know. And end to old age, sickness and death. A world where love and justice ruled. Yeah, I'd take that.

The problem is, the dubs speak with forked tongue on this topic. They've been lied to and now they own the lie. If there is a "new system" in man's future, the JWs know even less about it than the average religionist. The "truth" is: No one really knows what the future holds. But I'm willing to bet the answer lies on the other side of this life.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    I think the only really honest answer to this question for almost everyone here is, Yes, at least for those who became JWs (as opposed to being born into it). After all, isn't that why we "came in the truth"?

Speak for yourself.

I came into it, not born into it. and yes, the pair-of-dice was quite inticing.

The whole world could be a perfect rosy, kid friendly playground with sweet melons, lions without teeth, and sunflowers as big as my ass, and I still wouldn't want to be there on account of only one reaason.

The people.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I have no desire to live in a perpetual district convention.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    and sunflowers as big as my ass

Winston: Thanks, I forgot about that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit