If God did have a new system..would you want to be there?

by happehanna 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• happehanna
    happehanna

I was a witness for over forty years and for most of that time the "new world" "paradise" was not a place I ever wanted to live in.

There are many aspects of life in the 21st Century that are great and I wouldn't want to give up. TV, internet, blues/jazz clubs etc etc.

I may be shallow.

But there were other better reasons MIllions of people would have gone, wiped out by God: this never sat easy with me.

I told my elder father that I wouldn't want to live five minutes in God's New system, knowing that people I loved, had been killed by God because they didn't love him in the way he wanted.

Just telling my father that has made me really wake up to how I really feel about my EX religion.

Does a paradise earth as JW's depict appeal to you?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Does a paradise earth as JW's depict appeal to you?

Yes it does, as long as we can still have the internet there.

Guess I'm shallow too.

• undercover
    undercover

Which God?

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I try not think of the "what ifs" in life because I don't think there is any "what ifs" in life.

But, if IF there was this country that basically God ruled and everything was described as it is in the JW religion, NO, I would remain a citizen of my country country and keep my democracy and freedom. But if I ever got cancer and was on my death bed I might consider it, get well, and then figure out it was horrid and want to move back to normalicy.

• happehanna
    happehanna

Undercover... The God as portrayed by JW's.

Brummie ...what is it that appeals to you (curious)

The JW'S seem to use the new world as some kind of threat............if you dont do this then you wont live to see this............if you dont fail to turn in a report then you wont be in God's new world. Seemed like the whole time the rank and file are viewed like children who wont get to go to the fair if they dont eat their greens.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Based on what "they" say, I won't remember the former things. In short you bet. I just don't believe you have to earn your way there with "service time.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    If God did have a new system..would you want to be there?

Not if Jehovah is God over it,,he has a nasty temper,,kills people by the millions he don't care if they are poor,,retarted,,or helpless,,, if their parents are not in the truth,,they must parish.

Now if you had another God beside this Jehovah(with his over active ego),,then I might change my mind and want to live there.

I think a nice happy go lucky type of God would be ok,,one that didn't take himself or his majesty to seriously,,a God that would be humble and not afriad to really help people instead of one that can't seem to get his mind off himself and wants everybody to think of him. .

• Brummie
    Brummie

I think the prospects of life in peace on earth is what appeals to me, it was ground into me from an early age that this was the hope for mankind and I always loved the thought as a JW. I miss it, a hope to see dead loved ones again and welcoming them back....its like the proverbial carrot in front of the horse.

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to be content with a mansion in heaven, beggers cant be choosers huh ;)

Brummie

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

It is impossible for a world to exist as the WTS describes, therefore I would not wish any part of it.

Kwin

• undercover
    undercover
    Undercover... The God as portrayed by JW's.

Ah...a good use of the smug smilie. Good job, lol.

Not to be smug in return, but which god as portrayed by JWs? the Hebrew God or the Christian God? They seem to differ quite a bit. The Hebrew God is violent and angry, the Christian God is an absentee landlord (with apologies to Al Pacino).

Seriously though, if paradise is anything like being a JW today, then I wouldn't want to be there. JWs claim to have spiritual paradise today, imagine the control they would have on you in a physical paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit