Haven't seen a KM in a while, but this blew me away!

by Nosferatu 23 Replies latest jw friends

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

wow the lady gave the jw a can of corn. ROFL. that would be a good idea , when jw's come around give them a can of food , and tell them to give it to the poor and hungry. john

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    tell them to give it to the poor and hungry.

She did give it to the poor and hungry! That's what made it so funny!!! Lmao, all over again!

It'll probably be on a CA part someday.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Ahh yes I remeber pioneering days, you were always cold and hungry and very poor!

Barely had the time outside of FS to hold down a job. What the F**k kind of reality

does the WTS see??? How do they expect their people to survive not working but

ALWAYS going door to door?? God was I so blind! Those days I was living with

my parents STILL at 18 in Virginia. It was to damn cold there for me I headed back to

Florida where we were from originally.

Who here was dragged on to stage at District asemblies?? My Dad loved to volunteer

our family for that, I hated it!!!!

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

1000 And remember brothers and sisters only take a coffee break if you absolutely have to. Skip it if you can. Its because you love Jehovah! LMAO

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I used to be an awesome BASIC programmer. Hell, I could program a JW!

Nos, did you program BroBennett? Remarkable job, he seems almost human!

• Undecided
    Undecided

Back in the early seventies I sold my house and bought an old trailer that needed restoring so I could pioneer. I paid off my bills and quit my job and sold insurance part time and pioneered for about 8 months. I couldn't stand it and went back to my old job. I'm so glad I did since it restored my retirement, since I went back before a year had passed. I just don't think my heart was in the JW deception cycle. I quit all my JW attachments about 2 years later.

Ken P.

• Swan
    Swan

I noticed you didn't include any REM statements with smart and informative REMARKS.

How appropriate!

The CO hates it when the publishers have smart remarks!

Tammy

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Nos, did you program BroBennett? Remarkable job, he seems almost human!

No, but there's a program out there called "Chat with Lisa". People (including me) used to run it on their BBSes. It was cool because you could log the chats and see what users were talking to the computer about. The great thing about this program is it's very configurable, and you can revamp it to talk about anything. I should make a copy that simulates a JW.

• jws
    jws

I don't remember presentations being in the KM, but I do remember parts during the service meeting where people prepared presentations and demonstrated them. You'd have pay close attention and/or write them down yourself if you wanted to copy theirs. Sounds like they just made it even easier.

And, of course this leaves little room for somebody else to come up with their own angle. Now some marketing team at Bethel can come up with the most appealing pitches and the loyal JWs can just repeat them in harmony. Basically what they used to do when they used to walk up to a door and play a phonograph record.

• observador
    observador

This is nice! Oh, good ol' BASIC.

I would just change line 210 to this:

210 if time$ < "10:30" goto 90 else goto donutshop

and add these few lines for the code to be complete:

220 REM At the donut shop...
    230 Print "We had a good response in the territory today."
    240 Input otherbrothersfeelings$
    250 Ignore otherbrothersfeelings$
    260 Put twohoursonthetimeslip$
    270 goto Home