How do you feel about death?

by 3rdEye 40 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

(((Roski)))

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

Thanks for welcoming me in, and for all the interesting responses. My condolences to those who have lost someone recently. I lost my mom in May(she was a JW). I still feel her presence occasionally, so I guess she's finally free of the brain washing.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well I just turned 69 yrs. and I find myself thinking about death.

I have decided I don't like it. It is not fair and I intend to give God a piece of my mind on this issue.

We come into this world wrinkled and confused and we leave this world wrinkled and confused.

That sucks big time.

We start out physically and mentally weak. Then physically we get stronger while our mental awareness seems to lag behind. We tend to do foolish things. Then we get older and we have learned to use common sense and think things through. Get our head on straight finally.

When we get out head on straight, our body starts to fall apart, damn it anyway!

That again sucks big time.

It is plain to me that God set this all up to be this way. Maybe that was the best he had time for.

Well he damned well better have something for me after I die. To make up for all the crap, confusion and bull shit I had to deal with in this life.

I am gonna tell him this in no uncertain terms. God deserves a good tongue lashing! He could have done much better than this. I give him a D on this assignment.

Outoftheorg. yeah God I'm really pissed.

Sorry about your loss Roski/3rdeye. I didn't notice you had lost family members until after I posted this.

I hope you don't find this insulting. I don't intend it to be that way. I tend to lean toward the belief that there is life of some sort after death. Obviously I also don't think God will be insulted.

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

funny and true.

• missy04
    missy04

LOL@ Blondie

Personally, I am terrified of death. I've had a few things happen to me where I thought I was gonna die and I have never been so scared in my wholee entirreee life.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I personally believe you die and that is the end of the road. No afterlife. I had a very interesting conversation with my dub mother. She said that I would be full of regret when armageddon came because I did not listen and believe it was coming. It would end up costing me my life. I told mother dub that I was not afraid of dying at armageddon. I would rather be dead than worship her god. I said her "paradise", spending the next 1,000 years (emphasized that I would sin and be killed when satan was let lose-hopefully before) with dubs would be hell for me. She then accused me of being arrogant and haughty but anyway I made my point.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

3rdEye:
    Sorry to hear about your loss - belated condolences.

Out:
    Happy Birthday!

• teejay
    teejay
    Scared for what I will miss. Had that live forever with my kids plan going, before I learned that I was in a cult. ? confusedjw

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. For 30yrs I lived with the idea that I would never die. Knowing now that I will is somewhat terrifying to me at times.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Not so much worried about death itself, as the actual 'act' of dying. Never gaining consciousness again is kind of a wierd thought, but if that's what happens, we wouldn't know about it anyway!

There are lots of theories about it, and that's exactly what they are - theories, beliefs, faith, call it what you will. We're not gonna know for sure until it actually happens to us.

For the time being - I'm content worrying about what life has in store for me !

Bull!

BTW - Newbies: Welcome !

• Roski
    Roski

To those people who offered kind thoughts - thanks you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit