"New system" questions

by JustTickledPink 38 Replies latest jw friends

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Sounds like the making of an excellent horror film.

I agree. Does anyone know how to get funding for the flick?

• Hondo
    Hondo

I've read where 2034 may be the new year for the "Big Day." I'm just curious, we will certainly have traveled back to the moon, and perhap populated it to some extent, by this time. The same goes for Mars; we will certainly have had manned missions by 2034, and like the moon, maybe even populated that planet to a degree. In any case/prediction, if by some strange fluke (JW's are never wrong about these things, right???!!!), the "big day" does not occur in 2034, or whenever, we will surely have people leaving the good earth to live "abroad" on some celestial body at some point in time. If when they are gone, and the "big day" does comes (predicted of course), what happens to them? 1) if they never return to earth? 2) if they return to earth? If they do not return to earth does Jehovah go out and search other planets for human life, check to see if they are JW's, then destroy them if necessary? If our space travelers do return to earth, then what? First of all, I guess there would be no one to talk to because the Cape and Houston space centers would have been destroyed on the "big day". If they were able to make it back, where would they land? If the ocean, I guess they would float around and hopefully hit land (no JW ships to pick them up). If they were able to land somewhere, how would they be welcomed? Heros? Aliens? Gods? Would they be destroyed upon their return.

New subject. If the "big day" comes on a date/year not predicted by the JW's (and I mean it's not even close), do they still fall in favor with God as his selected, special, and most blessed group on earth? Or, do they have to predict the end to get all the bennies?

Hondo

• booker-t
    booker-t

I used to wonder when I was a kid how is everybody that is reserrected going to communicate with each other? Many Spanish people will have to learn another language or will english people have to learn all the languages of the dead people such a french, italian, german etc? Will Jehovah give the earth a worldwide foreign language class so they can witness in every language? Or will the kingdom hall be up and running again for the dead ones to learn the "truth" with elders teaching foreign language? And also I used to wonder if everyone is going to be the same age how will parents be different from their children? If we all are going to look the same age. Will babies be born adults? I remember when I was little an elder gave a talk about the new system and said that all of the meat that will not be used after Armaggeddon will be for the survivors to eat then the world will become vegetarian after the meat is consumed. So according to him we will have a big "pig out"day after Armaggeddon then veggies for eternity.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

can't pig-out booker-t. might offend some former jews.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    I used to wonder when I was a kid how is everybody that is reserrected going to communicate with each other?

booker-t, I think it was mentioned that we were going to have star trek version universal translators implanted into our brains.

I remember when they told us how it was good to visualize ourselves in the new system, but whenever I tried to think about it I felt confused and depressed, so I didn't much think (a big part of my problem). There were too many questions and I didn't want to think about working together with my congo under the direction of the elders (who were to become the rulers and princes over us all) who could hardley organize the morning car group. And,of course, we would have all that thrilling work to do--conducting bible studies all the day long with those newly ressurected ones. Thinking back it really didn't sound like a whole lot of fun. It depressed me to think that everyone who I truly loved (including my family) would be destroyed by a loving God and I would wake up the next day and be happy about it.??? We were told God wouldn't erase our memories, but the pain that went along with them. Would then he erase the love I felt for people who were not JWs? That was always a weird thought to me.

• Jez
    Jez

Another thought about my earlier post regarding the ressurected ones:

I know that JW will say that Jehovah will take care of everything, that we don't need to worry about it, well.......tell me WHERE in history or the bible God has taken care of everything? No where! He has always, right from the garden of Eden, allowed people to chart their own course, figure out their own problems. He is not the intervening type of God. Oh sure, once in a while he did in bible times, but that is not his way. Even when a 'perfect' earth existed, he did not intervene too much, he did not stop the snake from talking to Eve or warn her etc.

Yet for some strange reason, JW think that God will take care of every minute detail in the new system. It is nothing more than simplistic reasoning used for complex issues that have no solution.

• Hondo
    Hondo

Anyone,

Are all the animals, insects, and other than human entities, going to survive the end along with all the faithful JW's? And if so, will they survive and propagate forever as well?

If so, and if everyone turns into vegitarians, it doesn't take someone with a doctorate in math or statistics to figure out that at some point in time the animals and insects will eventually propagate to a point where they will first overwhelm the humans, then eventually overwhelm the earth. If you count in all the resurected folks...hmmmmm. Paradise won't be so paradise. Food will eventually run out. Will Jahoobah take care of all this too?

Hondo

• under74
    under74

"Will Jahoobah take care of all this too? "

Yup. He can do anything.

• Hondo
    Hondo

I should have known...sheeeeeesh!!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    He is not the intervening type of God.

Good point, Jez! They take the most remarkable miracles and pretend they will be performed as the customary thing. Jehovah put A&E (no, that's not Arts and Entertainment) there to care for the garden... he didn't help 'em at all except for that wierd daily mist...

Here's another "What about..." Accordnig to JWs, Jesus was just an ordinary man. No fuss, no frills, just your basic perfect human specimen. Stop drooling girls (and guys?) he's a spirit now - you could say he's a sans gender (what a knee-slapper!). According to the dogma, he had to be to balance Adam. He walked on water. He controlled the weather with his words. He fed thousands with nearly nothing. He raised the dead.

Can all perfect humans do that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit