"New system" questions

by JustTickledPink 38 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

The "New system" was always one of those "don't let your mind go there too long" subjects for me.

Somebody once suggested we wouldn't have technology. I didn't see how people now living couldn't help but bring their knowledge forward. Even if God wiped the earth clean of technology, if you knew the concepts of metalurgy, you could start to build parts for any type of machine. Those who knew how machines worked could help build machines. We could rebuild anything lost by the fall of civilization. And if God took away parts of our former knowledge we could rediscover things. But,,, machines pollute. Not the sort of thing for a paradise. Would God stop us?

I also feared for my usefulness. From high school into my early 20's (when I was still a JW), all I knew how to do was work as a programmer. Didn't know farming techniques. Didn't really know building techniques. What good was I going to be in a world without computers?

What about people that lived across the country or the world? My sister lived 1500 miles away and was putting down roots there. Her daughter was growing up there and would probably end up marrying and raising children there. She wasn't likely to move back to where the family was and we weren't likely to move to where she was. In a technology based world, it was a 2-day drive or a 2.5-hour flight. It would probably take weeks by horse, making visiting loved ones almost unendurable.

I also lost my mother in death. My father remarried. What was my mother going to say when my dad was with another woman?

God would have to take away family ties and marriage as we know it. Which also would require taking away our desires - unless sex for recreational purposes only was a new "feature" of the "new system"! As noted above, God might have to remove certain memories from us. But then that wouldn't be us anymore. Some suggested we'd have different bodies, perfect bodies. So that wouldn't really be me either. Who and what exactly survived into this new world? Something that didn't look like me and didn't have my thoughts and memories. So, it's not really me surviving anyway.

And what are these new laws of the universe? Assuming we can't build technology and maybe electricity no longer works. Bottom line is we would be in an world alien to us. We signed on for a jungle-paradise vacation. What we'd have gotten would be something we probably wouldn't like.

So, the less I thought about it, the better.

• formerout
    formerout

It's interesting when you look at what if the JW's gave the opposite answers to what they currently use. Case in point:

What if, in the new system, after the resurrection, you could be reunited with your partner, rather than the resurrested not having a desire to hook up again? It's just as logical as them losing their desire, but I could just see the fights.... whoa!!! Imagine this scenario:

After the resurrection, Sister Firstwife says, "Sister Secondwife, what in heavens are you doing with my husband?! When I was married to him I was not allowed to give him a blowjob. Brother PresidingOverseer, this is just not fair. Of course he's gonna want her now.... she's had ten years of practicing that stuff on him. If you hadn't changed your rules we could have an even opportunity to win him over."

Brother Husband's eyes widen as he anticipates that perhaps Brother PresidingOverseer will allow him to choose between the two and reap all the "benefits" that would go along with that.

Brother PresidingOverseer says, "Now Sister Firstwife, your husband had the opportunity to wait for you, but he chose not to. We abide by the laws that were passed before the New System came. Your death was the only justified reason for him to remarry. Sister Secondwife is now legally his wife."

Sister Firstwife is really pissed, as she remembers always hearing that the New System would end all of Satan's laws. Brother Husband is a little upset as well since, although he was too afraid to ask it before Armageddon, for fear or being disfellowshipped, he thought he would get the chance to choose.

So many completely illogical things that are impossible for the JW's to answer because their teachings are illogical and impossible. I hope I didn't offend anyone, just felt like playing the devils' advocate..... feel free to imagine the perks for yourselves too ladies, in your own scenarios.

Brad

• Badger
    Badger

Just goes to show that Simple Perfection can be a Complicated Mess

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

You HAVE to build your own house. No exceptions. But people can help you. For their help, you can give them cucumbers you've grown. But what if they have cucumbers, and want tomatoes? They can trade cucumbers for tomatoes. Not having to haul around produce like this was why money was invented in the first place!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

But won't be exciting to talk to Moses or Daniel or some other important bible personage.

Conversation with Noah in the New System:

Someone that alway wanted to meet Noah: "Well your'e Noah,, Oh I'm so glad to meet you I read all about you in the bible. You know I alway had one question I wanted to ask you persoanlly. What was it like to live in that arch for all those month couped up with all those animals,,Oh my God that must have been horrible??"

Noah:"Actually I get asked that question about 20 times a day,,I have the answer memorized...Yes it stunk like hell and durring the stormy seas we all rolled in it slept in it and even ate in it."

Noah's wife: "What the hells wrong you people,,that was ancient history,,get a life and live it you brain dead dip wad."

• Valis
    Valis
    Noah's wife: "What the hells wrong with these people,,that was ancient history,,get a life and live it you brain dead dip wad."

frankie you are such a dumbass...obviously she would say this...

Noah's wife: "What the hells wrong with these perfect people,,that was ancient history,,get an everlating life and live it you brain dead dip wad."

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• under74
    under74

What were my questions?

Well, When I was 7 I knew that a bunch of people were going to die and I kept asking my mom what would happen to the bodies, who would clean up the mess...and she told me. Then I asked her how come Jehovah was gonna do everything else but clean up the mess and my mom got real mad at me.

• shamus
    shamus

What on earth would you talk about with millions of dubs? There would be nothing to talk about, other than gardening and %^&%%!!!! animals!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    DY: I still don't believe the crap about the ones being resurrected not being able to marry, while others that made it through will be.

Same here. The Widow of Nain's son was resurrected but there was no mention of him becoming gender neutral from the experience...

• Jez
    Jez

Under74: Good one about Jehovah doing everything BUT clean up the mess he made. I never thought of that one, but won't forget it now.

I always wondered what the ressurected ones will think. They are not going to be JW's. They are going to be who they were when they died. OMG...do you realize who then is going to be ressurrected? My mothers abusive father who they all cheered for when he died, murderers, haters, every religion you can imagine will be BACK BUT scarier because some will be 1st century, the year 1200, the year 1434, people that both died for and fought for the crusades, people that thought black people were a lower race, IMAGINE the chaos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ancient religions/cults/peoples of varies backgrounds/belief systems/cultures/languages all coming together at one time in history. Sounds like the making of an excellent horror film. TIMES CHANGE, they are meant to, civilizations die off, that is how history goes, progress takes place in every single way......WHAT WILL happen when everything is thrown together?????????? You can't bring up to speed someone born in 455 AD.

It is all going to happen all over again for 1000 years apparently. Jehovah is going to let it go and cross his fingers that the meazily 6 million dubs + ressurrected dubs will 'PREACH' the good news again to BILLIONS of ressurrected, majorly f***ed up people who don't know what the hell is going on or what world they have been transported to. Then, for some reason, after 1000 years without Satan's influence, he will be unleashed for a 'short period' (yah, to God, that could be a trillion years) I guess the bible assumes that without Satan's influence people will stop THINKING. THEN Satan is released, and the 'world' starts all over again and everyone will be 'chatting' about this like we are right now again.

LIVE NOW. Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit