Devote Parents advice me to Disassociate.

by chok 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Chok:Hey, babes, how ya doin'?

I'm glad to hear that you are totally getting on with your life.
    It sounds like you're mind is made up on a course of action, and it sounds like you've discerned the pitfalls just fine. Good for you!

Just wanted to send ya a supporting hug (((Chok)))

• New Castles
    New Castles

Hi Chok

• New Castles
    New Castles

Dont do it if you dont want to. Live your life the way you want and dont give in to their rules. As long as your relationship with your family does not suffer, then why worry about it??

Hope things work out...

Take Care

NC

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Just some random thoughts -

"Should they advise me to d/a?" - hell No! , by their own beliefs they are asking you to walk into the mouth of Gehenna. Sorry if that sounds dramatic, but if one really believes that outsiders are damned, why ask you to do it?

" to do the right thing as a Ministerial Servant" - what about the right thing as a father and grand daddy? Is he saying that his "Congregation privilege" is more important than his family?

Do they really understand that to be d/a'd is the same as being d/f'd and that they will be ordered to shun you if you do it.

I know that some take this route to be free of the Borg, but I say, No way!, make them come and get me if they ever want to and I will string it out and waste as much of their time as possible

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

Whay should they be confering to decide what you should do anyway? YOUR 32 YEARS OLD FOR HEAVENS SAKE!! It's not up to them to give this kind of advice wether you're a Jehovah's Witness or not. The whole tone of your post makes it sound like they are very condesending and view you as a child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit