What is your most ridiculous example of being shunned?

by formerout 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the ex reported it to the elders but not the police.. he wanted to be reinstated back then not "bring reproach on jehovahs name" by going to the police!

The elders just said it was a "family" matter and nothing they could do anything about"

• blondie
    blondie

I remember when I was an active JW, regular pioneering, not a stain on my reputation, used on the assemblies, etc, etc. Then a certain sister wouldn't talk to me and would tell me what it was I had done. That lasted for several years. It turned out that her husband always used me as an example of what she should be as a sister.

What a dork of a husband. Better to shun me than her husband, I guess.

Blondie

• avishai
    avishai
    hmmmn. was the guy a Samaritan?........a little rusty on my New Testament but isnt there a story about something kinda like your story in there?

Even more Ironic because both Jews and Samaritans considered one another APOSTATES!!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Candi the ex reported it to the elders but not the police.. he wanted to be reinstated back then not "bring reproach on jehovahs name" by going to the police!

The elders just said it was a "family" matter and nothing they could do anything about"

Too bad ... but anyway, maybe if needed the guy injured may be able to testify (he is a witness and could have been there victime after all) Cause this CASE is just a perfect example of how they can be dangerous in more than one way that can kill !!!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

My parents, my wife and me were at a mall, looking at the shop windows. My mother and my wife were at the rights side of the mall, my father and me were at the windows at the left side.

Down came an elder of our former congregation (very prominent in the country) and he changed the side twice to avoid meeting us - from the left to the right to the left.

At that point of time, neither of us were DFed/DAed.

My first shunning and I thought: ah, that is what it feels like, asshole.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    he apologized and said the reason he hadn't called was he thought my son was still disfellowshipped and he might have answered the phone.

OMG - let's buy him some men's underware for Xmas!

Imagine being afraid of Buddy

• Jez
    Jez

I was shopping once, walked past a "brother", he PUT HIS HAND up to his face, by his eyes and PHYSICALLY shunned me!!!! When I told my JW sisterinlaw that story, she PHONED him and blasted him a good one!

(drinking rum and eggnog) Jez

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman
    i confronted the bro and sisinlaw and asked them how they could justify driving off from an accident and they said they werent required to stop and help a df'd person and i was really in the wrong for expecting them to have stopped. really really sickening that they'd not stop at an accident to help.thankfully it wasnt a life threatening accident but it was a serious accident. the man that was hurt had a broken leg, bunches of cuts and bruises etc. its been several years and i still find it shocking.

Here in the Netherlands it is considered a crime too.

• Nikita
    Nikita

My Dad (never a JW) and I were returning home after running an errand. My Mom had been battling Ovarian Cancer (she was inactive)and this woman named Dot (a member of the 144,000) was just leaving after stopping to visit with my Mom. SHe greets my father very warmly and then loud enough for me (and the whole neighborhood!) to hear announces, "I can speak to you, Andre, but not Leslie. She' s disassociated and as such, blah, blah, blah..." My dad was livid! He told her she was rude and a hypocrite and to never come back to his house again! WHen Mom found out, she was just as upset. That pretty much nixed any effort on my Mom's part to go back to them.

Nikita

• wizedup
    wizedup

For the most part for us it has been , heads down, faces pouted, look the other way, change aisles in the store. (Oh, Jehovah's happy people!)

But when we were in, we were told by an elder's wife that she refused to go on a cruise incase a disfellowshipped person was on board.

LORDY! LORDY! even as loyal as I was at the time, I knew better than that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit